Dunfermline Athletic vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Conceding a penalty every home game is really holding us back, we looked better today, which was all I was hoping for but we had large spells of pressure and didn't work their keeper often enough. Get to beat Thistle next week and we should do if we play like we did today

Why?
Sean Welsh has an excellent penalty record for us.

Honestly it’s been so long since Welsh played for us that I forgot his penalty record for us. Normally I just expect the standard miss from the spot for us.

42 minutes ago, Pulp said:

Honestly it’s been so long since Welsh played for us that I forgot his penalty record for us. Normally I just expect the standard miss from the spot for us.

That’s rather bizarre considering, if I am correct, the only person to miss a penalty for us since Welsh got injured was Mark Ridgers against Peterhead.

That’s rather bizarre considering, if I am correct, the only person to miss a penalty for us since Welsh got injured was Mark Ridgers against Peterhead.
Todorov last week

1 hour ago, weirdcal said:
1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Todorov last week

😂😂 how the hell did I forget that one.

That doesn’t count as Welsh wasn’t injured....

Edited by PB1994

An absolutely awful game of football. Aimless hurried balls forward for the most part coupled with poor balls in from the wide areas meant there was nothing to get excited about for the first hour or so. 

Todorov offered surprisingly little when he came on but MacGregor really helped drive us forward and Welsh showed Carson and to a lesser extent Vincent how to properly keep the ball moving through midfield recycling it well and ensuring continual movement across the pitch as we probed for a way through. 

Doran had our best chance when a wild swerving effort was stopped by Gill before Devine was punished for a handball in the box and Welsh dispatched the spot kick with confidence. 

Dunfermline were howling but we were far from impressive ourselves. Still, win when you're playing badly is the sign of champions right...? 

2 hours ago, weetoonlad said:
3 hours ago, PB1994 said:
emoji23.pngemoji23.png how the hell did I forget that one.
That doesn’t count and Welsh wasn’t injured....

Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Either you're saying you genuinely think his joke is hilarious (it's not, and not meant to be; it's just poking fun at our situation) or you're genuinely thick as f**k and don't realise what the ellipsis at the end of the last sentence is and what it means (basic, basic comprehension stuff; first year in high school at most).

Either way it doesn't show you in a positive light.

Carson was pretty quiet in his first few games and then I saw him away at Lossiemouth and he was dreadful.  He did seem to improve in the last few weeks but today wasn't one of his better days.  I did hear at the game that he's *actually* a number 10, despite being billed as a ball winning midfielder from the time we signed him.

8 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Vincents hand the Devines? Even with the Slow-Mo it's hard to tell exactly what he is doing there.

Looks like stomach and devines arm after. Not too sure he was aware

46 minutes ago, Snafu said:

What's happened to Dunfermline over the last couple of seasons, two years ago looked a fairly decent outfit but from later on that season they started to slowly regress and its getting worse?

AJ screwed up big time last year. He was given a sizeable budget and a two year contract after reaching the promotion play-off. He then signed a pile off horse shit with the money. We then had to sack him and were left with a big wage bill but low league position and dwindling crowds. This resulted in a significant loss on the balance sheet. 

Crawford was brought in and the club decided to scoop up young talent from the lower leagues and recommendations from Jackie McNamara and reduce the wage bill by 35%. We have virtually a whole new squad this season and having great difficulty finding the best formation and players to fit.  I still believe we can turn this around. We didn't deserve to lose yesterday but that just how things are going at the moment.