Dunfermline Athletic vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Shame. There was a good number of us in before the 5 - 1 thumping at the start of 17/18 and it was good crack mixing with the home support.

Myself and a fellow supporter tried to enter up the stairs last season (he told me he'd been in the time before and really enjoyed it).  We were halfway up said stairs when a steward ran after us shouting "It's only fae Pars!".  He had a Caley Thistle scarf on and had he entered, god knows what would've happened.

I actually liked the way we lined up against Celtic. I thought Craw would have stuck with that and try and catch teams on the break. Maybe he needs to get back to that as it seemed to suit us. 

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

He had a Caley Thistle scarf on and had he entered, god knows what would've happened.

Lord only knows. 

I think by not letting away fans in it then dictates through some bullshit risk assessments that we won't have to pay for police or something, it's usually full in any case so the club view it as simply not being worth the cost. 

9 hours ago, RiG said:

Unless it's been in a cup competition we've had a pretty rank record at EEP. 

Do you? Our 5-1 win two seasons back was our first since 1999 wasn't it? Last season I'm sure you absolutely bobbied us near the start of the season. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Do you? Our 5-1 win two seasons back was our first since 1999 wasn't it? Last season I'm sure you absolutely bobbied us near the start of the season. 

Just 4 wins there in the league from what I can see. I should have added the caveat of looking at league games only. It's not absolutely awful but it's not as good as I had thought.

Just 4 wins there in the league from what I can see. I should have added the caveat of looking at league games only. It's not absolutely awful but it's not as good as I had thought.

East End Park always reminds me of the time Terry Butcher thought it was a better idea to start Robert Eagle ahead of Johnny Hayes on the opening day in 2009.

A few folk with Gill in their team, I wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting team this week, Scully is better but by no means that good, hopefully Dow Turner and Kiltie can play behind Nesbit with Paton OR Beadling (I don't care which as long as it's not both) playing with either Cochrane or Todd.

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 23:32, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'd say it's lunacy to even suggest Hay or Kenny could be worse.

Kenny got us to a Cup Final but I genuinely can't think of one thing that Davie Hay done whilst in charge that would be worth noting? By far the worst manager we've had in the last 20 years.

20 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Kenny got us to a Cup Final but I genuinely can't think of one thing that Davie Hay done whilst in charge that would be worth noting? By far the worst manager we've had in the last 20 years.

Don't get wrong, Davie Hay was a terrible manager for us and one of the worst reigns in my lifetime.

But you're comparing him to a guy who managed 5 wins out of 20 in League One FFS. At least Hay was getting beat off Celtic, Rangers, Hearts etc.

31 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Don't get wrong, Davie Hay was a terrible manager for us and one of the worst reigns in my lifetime.

But you're comparing him to a guy who managed 5 wins out of 20 in League One FFS. At least Hay was getting beat off Celtic, Rangers, Hearts etc.

Sorry to hear that as I always thought of him as one of the finest players I've ever seen live, I was at a Chelsea -QPR game years ago when old Bates was Chelsea's Chairman, Hay was absolutely outstanding that day and played a blinder, his long passes were so fuckin accurate, young Butch Wilkins was in the QPR side and his work rate was second to none.

Like I say Hay was an exceptional player but how many times have we  seen great players fail as managers, it's a long list.

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Sorry to hear that as I always thought of him as one of the finest players I've ever seen live, I was at a Chelsea -QPR game years ago when old Bates was Chelsea's Chairman, Hay was absolutely outstanding that day and played a blinder, his long passes were so fuckin accurate, young Butch Wilkins was in the QPR side and his work rate was second to none.

Like I say Hay was an exceptional player but how many times have we  seen great players fail as managers, it's a long list.

I may be wrong but I think he did a good job at Livingston. Certainly didn't work out for him at EEP, although it did lead to Leish getting the job for the final three games of the 04/05 season. The Dundee and Dundee United games remain two of my favourite of all time; have rarely felt the Pars fans so excited.

I may be wrong but I think he did a good job at Livingston. Certainly didn't work out for him at EEP, although it did lead to Leish getting the job for the final three games of the 04/05 season. The Dundee and Dundee United games remain two of my favourite of all time; have rarely felt the Pars fans so excited.
Stonewall draw

11 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Was it not last time we were at EEP that big McCauley got subbed after about twenty minutes because he looked hell bent on getting sent off?

Yeah he was already booked and then decided to thunder about barging into folk and hacking players down for, erm, reasons. Fortunately he was subbed off before he was sent off a few minutes before half time IIRC.

Edited by RiG

That's right.  I remember him being booked and then going in on another tackle on someone else and somehow managed to avoid a second booking before being subbed.  I think that was the only match he started for us but he looked rather off the pace in the short time he was on.