Dunfermline Athletic vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle

I doubt Caley fans give two fucks about playing Morton at home again and I know the Pars fans couldn't care less about Alloa at home, so might as well discuss the next meaningful match.

Last two performances have been unacceptable and another defeat here would start to cause Crawford a few problems I'd think. I'm not expecting 3 points but we need to see a positive performance so we can believe we're heading in the right direction at least. Too many 'Pars under AJ' signs recently.

I'd hope Kiltie and Cochrane both start and would honestly rather have Greg Shields himself in defence than Devine. None of our central defenders have covered themselves in glory so far, which has led to Tom Lang getting better and better in the fans' eyes, without kicking a ball. Big questions marks over Scully as well, who's suffering from a serious bout of the old Haggis Hands®

Caley are a decent side and I'd be surprised if they weren't in the top four again this season. If they get in front then it could be a long afternoon.

The harshness heaped on Devine is going way over the top, no-one is enthused by him being playing but he's an average defender who is of Championship level. No more, no less. A useful squad player but the sooner Murray is back the better.

I'm assuming that with Gill not playing in the reserves in the week that he will be in against Alloa and hopefully he does enough to edge out Scully.

Be a tough game, definitely one of the better sides. I always find Donaldson impressive while Keatings and White are very dangerous. Getting a win is very important, but I'm not overly confident.

Sorry to say, but Devine isn't even competent Championship level. I'm in more hope than expectation that Lang will be better than him or Ashcroft. Lang hasn't really played much senior football barring a decent season in League 2 where he won promotion with Clyde. Clyde fans seem to think he's very good, but their level last season is absolutely stinking compared to the Championship.  I'd rather have Officer Murphy's corpse at the start of RoboCop than Scully in goals. Hopefully Gil puts in a solid performance against Alloa on Saturday and makes a claim for starting. 

I'm really not confident of getting a result from this game. ICT is always a difficult game and I fully expect them to be in the top 4 by the end of the season; they have a good, solid squad.

Pretty much line-up roulette so it's anyone's guess how we'll shape up, but I do hope we see Lang in for Devine and Cochrane/Kiltie starting. 

Tough game to be looking for a win but if we did manage to get one in this game it would be brilliant. The last two weeks have been very poor, mostly last week.

I'm unsure who's fit etc but I would be going with Gill - Comrie/Ashcroft/Lang/Martin - Beadling/Cochrane - Dow/Turner/Kiltie - Nesbitt.

Last season Devine was as bad as any of our defenders, Durnan, Williamson, Ashcroft etc, the only one getting pass marks was Jackson Longridge. Saturday he looked a whole new level of crap and seemed to be bringing others around him to that level. Hoof after hoof, missed clearances, panicking. The sooner he was away the better.

5 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

The harshness heaped on Devine is going way over the top

Only argument I'd accept is other players (i.e. Ashcroft) should be getting similar stick because Devine is absolutely rubbish and is definitely below Championship standard. Unless his twin brother/clone has been playing for us since last summer.

Only argument I'd accept is other players (i.e. Ashcroft) should be getting similar stick because Devine is absolutely rubbish and is definitely below Championship standard. Unless his twin brother/clone has been playing for us since last summer.
Sidney?

8 hours ago, JFPar said:

Last season Devine was as bad as any of our defenders, Durnan, Williamson, Ashcroft etc, the only one getting pass marks was Jackson Longridge. Saturday he looked a whole new level of crap and seemed to be bringing others around him to that level. Hoof after hoof, missed clearances, panicking. The sooner he was away the better.

To be fair ever clearance was missed due to the conditions, he also took about three strikers out the game with a neat little turn in the first half and I thought he had vastly improved over the summer, by the end of the game it was clear he was just as poor this season as he was last season.

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Sidney?

Declan

16 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We're going to get an absolute doing here. 4-0 Caley. 

Unless I've wiped one from my memory, have we had any heavy doings under Crawford? 

It'll be tight as most of our games are, I think it'll be a draw. 

This is a massive game for so many reasons for Crawford, he'll have McDonald, Cochrane and Kiltie available as well as possibly Dow, there's absolutely no need for us then to be playing as narrowly as we have done, likewise with our options in centre midfield there's no reason for Paton to be there. 

Big questions in defence. It really is a make or break performance, and team selection for Craw. 

Unless I've wiped one from my memory, have we had any heavy doings under Crawford? 
It'll be tight as most of our games are, I think it'll be a draw. 
This is a massive game for so many reasons for Crawford, he'll have McDonald, Cochrane and Kiltie available as well as possibly Dow, there's absolutely no need for us then to be playing as narrowly as we have done, likewise with our options in centre midfield there's no reason for Paton to be there. 
Big questions in defence. It really is a make or break performance, and team selection for Craw. 

3-0 vs rovers in his 2nd game is the worst result under Crawford.

Ideally

Gill
Crombie lang(please god be fit) Ashcroft Martin
Dow beadling Cochrane mcdonald
Kiltie
Nisbet

If in all probability Lang is out then it’s Edwards in and Martin to Center back

If Dow/McDonald are missing it’s not easy to answer, can bring ryan in and go 4-4-2 with Kiltie wide, put turner out wide(he was good there against queens but struggled since playing wide) Or Colby in who is clearly talented but been poor last 2 he’s played