Watching the game in Krakow

Gnash

6 hours ago, Gnash said:

Due to a logistical cock up on the part of my wife, I'm going to be in Krakow when the Russia game is on this Friday.

Can anyone suggest a drinking establishment where I could watch the game? 

No too sure anywhere would be showing that game, especially as the Poland game away to Slovenia is the same KO time. If you're that desperate to see the game. You will get it on a dodgy stream. Pishe if you have only got a phone.

Take a carry out to a internet cafe, if they have them there. Pay them an extra few quid, as I did once in Kanchanaburi at 01:00. 

11 hours ago, Gnash said:

Due to a logistical cock up on the part of my wife, I'm going to be in Krakow when the Russia game is on this Friday.

Can anyone suggest a drinking establishment where I could watch the game? 

Can't help except to say it's on these satellite channels. No idea if any reach Poland.

5 Plus Israel
beIN Sports MENA 6
C More Live 2
Sky Sports Football UK
Sport TV2 (Portugal)
TV2 Sport Premium
Ziggo Sport Voetbal

id stick to the centre-that's the sort of place full of bars catering more to tourists and staggers rather than locals so you might be in luck;certainly on any given weekend these places are more likely to show a run of the mill premier league game instead of a big polish one,id a right time a few years back trying to find somewhere showing the legia warsaw-wisla Krakow game

53 minutes ago, Binos said:

Don't know this Duffy one

One I've spent lot of time in is in centre

Irish pub "Pod Papugami"
33-332, Świętego Jana 18, 33-332 Kraków, Poland
+48 12 422 61 01
https://maps.app.goo.gl/CMR6q1vZBZtwT3589

All football and rugby

My understanding is Duffy's is the spawn of what was the Irish Embassy Pub (same owner) after it closed down/changed owners.

Not one for Irish pubs (I was with a Polish friend who watches all of Arsenals matches in there) but surprisingly not bad, and shockingly cheap!

34 minutes ago, Tartan Army Sunshine Appea said:

Not one for Irish pubs (I was with a Polish friend who watches all of Arsenals matches in there) but surprisingly not bad, and shockingly cheap!

nor am I but in this situation id make an exception.just a shame it clashes with Poland game as I aklways enjoy being abroad and seeing the local national team playing when im in a local bar

54 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

nor am I but in this situation id make an exception.just a shame it clashes with Poland game as I aklways enjoy being abroad and seeing the local national team playing when im in a local bar

Yeah, when my mate text me to say he had a table, I hummed and hawed, and considered being "fashionably" late for our meeting...... Owner was a good laugh ("can I get wi-fi password?".... "if the games goes down I will blame you and put your whatsapp messages on the big screen").

After game jump on a tram near by and head to Wezze Krafta, best bar in the whole city!!!!!

18 hours ago, Mordecai said:

As said above, Pod papugami will probably show the game, it's just off the main square. English football club (a pub also close to the main square) will also show it if you ask the barman.

Thanks all for the replies.  In the end I went to English Football Club (weird name for a pub) as it's 5 min walk from the hotel and the Scotland game was advertised outside.  

Cheap beer, shame about the game.