Stenny v The New Saints

It's hard to judge these cross border games in this biscuit cup thing.

TNS odds on 8 to 13 favourites at the bookies here.

Kelty Herts 4 to 1 at home to odds on Solihull Moors. So while I quite fancy Kelty and a few of the other Scottish teams to win, clearly the bookies don't fancy us.

TNS are full time and play the the CL qualifiers (2 weeks ago) every year being generally quite competitive so I would expect a comfortable away win i'd say 8/13 is quite decent. Be niche to see a different team come up and they have a few boys that have played up here.

Suhin different eh.

A physical outfit. Their captain put one of our youngsters out for a year with an off the ball challenge;

For years the abbreviation of TNS was joked upon as Ten Nasty Scousers as they had a team full of Scouse mercenaries who used kicked off if things were not going their way.

Good game today we competed well and played the best football I have seen from us this season. Kieran Anderson, Willie Gibson and Thomas Halleron were outstanding for me and Buzz made his usual crucial saves and then did us proud at the penalties.  Halleron keen to run at and take on defenders was pleasing to see. Only disappointment was the fact we switched off a bit at their goal but given the commitment and running the team had done it was pleasing to see them get the result they deserved.

On 05/09/2019 at 23:01, Hampden Diehard said:

A physical outfit. Their captain put one of our youngsters out for a year with an off the ball challenge; horrible individual.

TNS v Cluggers Quay Gonads must be eye bleeding to watch then.. anyway well done to the Warriors. 

14 hours ago, Moonglum25 said:

Good game today we competed well and played the best football I have seen from us this season. Kieran Anderson, Willie Gibson and Thomas Halleron were outstanding for me and Buzz made his usual crucial saves and then did us proud at the penalties.  Halleron keen to run at and take on defenders was pleasing to see. Only disappointment was the fact we switched off a bit at their goal but given the commitment and running the team had done it was pleasing to see them get the result they deserved.

I would generally agree with this. We competed well and were always in the contest although TNS probably should have won it based on the number of chances they had. Graeme Smith had a tremendous game in goal and some of saves were outstanding - it's hard to believe a supporter was calling him into question a fortnight ago! When the match went to penalties, I knew we would win because Smith is such a good goalkeeper. Three penalty saves, what a performance!

TNS were the better side and moved the ball around quite quickly but they were vulnerable at the back and Kieran Anderson's goal was a shocker for them to concede (albeit it was a well-taken finish). When they went down to 10 men through injury I thought we'd see the match out but it was disappointing to lose such a crap goal to them - someone should have closed down their attacker before he shot. Nevertheless - a good result and I hope we can build on it next weekend against Cowdenbeath.

considering the distance, a hardy band of TNS fans made the journey. cant disagree with whats already been said about the game. thought we played well enough and hoped to see it out for the win without going to a shoot out. smith was class yet again. the best keeper in this league by far. knew wed win it as soon as he saved that first kick. need to start performing in the league though to have any chance of the playoffs