Clyde vs QOS

That day. No internet. Social media f**k all.

However killie had to score 7 and they done it..

Opened yer legs for a bag o coins for a team hr door the track and i was told one goal was pushed in (accidently o course)

Those in charge knew that day and we scored a 98th min to f**k both o u

Round u from all at Clyde FC x

I sometimes wish we still had no internet and social media.

Opened yer legs for a bag o coins for a team hr door the track and i was told one goal was pushed in (accidently o course)

Good to see you aren’t letting the facts get in your way. For accuracy Killie scored 6 against us rather than 7. Having checked we did lose 7 the previous week to Falkirk (rather than the 5 I thought when I posted last night). That’s how pish we were. It’s good that you haven’t let any bitterness fester though [emoji102]

Back on matters this century, I don’t think I will ever tire of watching Ray Grant in a Clyde strip. Rarely seen a player for us that can read a match as well as he does. An absolutely fantastic young player that if we keep beyond January I’ll be surprised and elated in equal measure.

Back on matters this century, I don’t think I will ever tire of watching Ray Grant in a Clyde strip. Rarely seen a player for us that can read a match as well as he does. An absolutely fantastic young player that if we keep beyond January I’ll be surprised and elated in equal measure.

Indeed. I was impressed by a number of Clyde players. In particular Grant, McStay, Johnston and Love. Also thought other than trying to give Dobbie an assist in first half that the keeper did fairly well too. Goodwillie still has some great touches but other home players impressed more.

Indeed. I was impressed by a number of Clyde players. In particular Grant, McStay, Johnston and Love. Also thought other than trying to give Dobbie an assist in first half that the keeper did fairly well too. Goodwillie still has some great touches but other home players impressed more.

DGW is still a week or two away from probably being at his peak fitness wise and has been playing catch up having missed a lot of pre season. Before Danny and Allan came in it wasn’t untoward to say we were a one man team, DGW single handedly won us games at times. Since then we have improved all over the pitch and signed some really good players. I’d still rather have him on the pitch clearly, but we have others that can cause teams serious problems also.

1 minute ago, Adolfo Rios said:

DGW is still a week or two away from probably being at his peak fitness wise and has been playing catch up having missed a lot of pre season. Before Danny and Allan came in it wasn’t untoward to say we were a one man team, DGW single handedly won us games at times. Since then we have improved all over the pitch and signed some really good players. I’d still rather have him on the pitch clearly, but we have others that can cause teams serious problems also.

Hadn't realised DGW had missed some pre-season. I'm not suggesting he doesn't have anything to offer, he clearly does. Just highlighting the other players who impressed me.

Thought DGW was was I bit quiet yesterday although is he still a class act. Not quite there with his fitness yet, once he gets up to full speed he can be a right handful for defenders even all by himself. What makes him special for me is he can score or create a goal out of nothing.  

13 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Well this is extraordinary.  What exactly was in it for our dreadful side to again take a hammering that week?  

Why exactly did a late Clyde goal upset us as well as Kilmarnock?

Christ, I wish I hadn't bothered. The first goal is a cracker but from a defensive point of view it's shambolic. He should never have been given the time to do it. I've watched the penalty incident about 5 times and seriously cannot see a foul. The 3rd, Leighfield cocks it up. Even so, Mercer (?) is barged off the ball far too easily and the boy gets a free header.

Woeful.

Christ, I wish I hadn't bothered. The first goal is a cracker but from a defensive point of view it's shambolic. He should never have been given the time to do it. I've watched the penalty incident about 5 times and seriously cannot see a foul. The 3rd, Leighfield cocks it up. Even so, Mercer (?) is barged off the ball far too easily and the boy gets a free header.

Woeful.

IMG_2185.jpg The penalty was given for this shirt pull on Goodwillie.

Penalty in anybody’s eyes, except yourself of course.
If you can point out where I said it wasn't a penalty, that'd be lovely.
It's a penalty, and if it had been the other way around I'd still say it's a penalty. How often do we piss and moan about shirt pulling never being a foul inside the box.
This is it. It's harsh purely down to the fact you see "bigger tugs" every single week go unpunished. He is literally tugging with his fingertips. The frustration with most football fans is inconsistency. You can guarantee a worse tug of the jersey will go unpunished in the next couple of weeks for/against us.

Would it not make it harsh that the other decisions are not given as opposed to an offense correctly being punished?  

Edited to add : I didn't see it at the game, struggled to see it in the highlights but that picture is pretty conclusive IMO if the ref had a clear view.  

Edited by Adolfo Rios

Would it not make it harsh that the other decisions are not given as opposed to an offense correctly being punished?  

Edited to add : I didn't see it at the game, struggled to see it in the highlights but that picture is pretty conclusive IMO if the ref had a clear view.  

Yes I would say so. But sadly it's the other way around just now where ref's shit the bed. There's no way he awards that at Ibrox against The Rangers for example. Until they all start clamping down on even the slightest tug, that's going to be considered harsh.

Aye the ref obviously had the best view because I couldn't see that in the highlights.