favourite bars restaurants for meals

Ylf

18 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

i forget the name of one in Praia da Luz in the Algarve, Portugal that's good but they don't allow children.

Could it have been Chaplins?

I stayed in Praia about 3 years ago and that one became an instant favourite. Nice lady that ran the place too. I remember I asked if she had wifi - she said no, but she was able to tell me that the crappy Indian joint next door did have and she kindly provided the password for it!

The grill is the worst pub in Perth by some distance, most normal people avoid it. If you like a pub with prostitutes, travellers, scumbags, druggies, transgenders and general lowlifes it's the place for you. I like it because no c**t bothers you, they all have other things to worry about :lol:

What’s the address?

4 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:
55 minutes ago, Boostin said:
Couple of quite high profile characters drinking in the Anchor.

Gangsters I'm guessing? Been a long while since I've been there mind you. Used to be the sort of place where you'd go for a drink and could come out with a handgun if you wanted.

Some people in there have had national media coverage, not just well known locally.

On 03/09/2019 at 13:23, The Moonster said:

I was in there a few weeks back for the first time in years, it's a really nice wee boozer.

Dumbarton is fairly shite for pubs and restaurants IMO, I only ever really "eat out" at the Abottsford Hotel or the Glencairn, but neither are particularly fancy. There's a wee place in the High Street called the Grill on the Bridge which has excellent food, but it's opening hours are limited and it's a BYOB effort.

Shitey weatherspooons type pubs everywhere in the high street which I avoid whenever I can. I prefer the "old man boozer" so the Stags Head or the Waverly (run by Scottish football Icon Drew Busby) are the best I'd say.

The Dining Room in West Bridgend (when it actually opens) is very good. I've heard the Indian in the High Street is good but I've never been. The Abbotsford is good again after going quite badly downhill for a couple of years.

Some people in there have had national media coverage, not just well known locally.
Still not the worst pub I've been in, the place that's now The Lioness Of Leith?

Absolute shooting gallery filled with junkies, had curtains drawn at all times, twilight at midday. Mad pub. Like Dawn Of The Dead.

Or The Gunner's, that was proper rough.

8 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Still not the worst pub I've been in, the place that's now The Lioness Of Leith?

Absolute shooting gallery filled with junkies, had curtains drawn at all times, twilight at midday. Mad pub. Like Dawn Of The Dead.

Or The Gunner's, that was proper rough.

Roughest one around here is the Spey. 

Woosh.

Could it have been Chaplins?
I stayed in Praia about 3 years ago and that one became an instant favourite. Nice lady that ran the place too. I remember I asked if she had wifi - she said no, but she was able to tell me that the crappy Indian joint next door did have and she kindly provided the password for it!