Any Works Team League

JMac11

Me and some guys from work are wondering if there are any leagues for work teams  out there. Either 7s or 11s. Ones that you dont have to play in every week. Just orginised between teams when everyone is available. Basically just a bit more enjoyable than the weekly game of fives but nothing too serious 

Edited by JMac11

Me and some guys from work are wondering if there are any leagues for work teams  out there. Either 7s or 11s. Ones that you dont have to play in every week. Just orginised between teams when everyone is available. Basically just a bit more enjoyable than the weekly game of fives but nothing too serious 
I get the odd phone call at my work asking me to join a 5s league with local businesses in the area. I'm pretty sure it's at goals (drumchapel) but not sure if it was them that was running it or someone else just wanting to use the facility, not sure if it's ever got off the ground as I never followed it up. If they ever call again I'll take some details, was only 5s though so not sure if any use.

On 02/09/2019 at 19:20, JMac11 said:

Most of the leagues like that are a game every week. We work a week of early then a week of backshifts so could only play once a fortnight in one of them 

We should try and organise something on here. I reckon I could get a decent group from my work and there will be a few others I imagine. We would only be available Friday or Sunday. There’s ways of doing a league table even if 2-3 teams can’t play each other at all (shift patterns don’t suit, etc), and just allow teams to organise and play games sporadically as suits 

20 hours ago, Spyro said:

We should try and organise something on here. I reckon I could get a decent group from my work and there will be a few others I imagine. We would only be available Friday or Sunday. There’s ways of doing a league table even if 2-3 teams can’t play each other at all (shift patterns don’t suit, etc), and just allow teams to organise and play games sporadically as suits 

Think that would be brilliant. Dont need many teams either. 6 would give you 10 games over a year. Just orginaise them when you can

1 hour ago, JMac11 said:

Think that would be brilliant. Dont need many teams either. 6 would give you 10 games over a year. Just orginaise them when you can

Leave it with me, we’re all rubbish but I’m sure we can get at least a 7’s team together... might be a decent player or 2 working in other departments once I ask around. We’re based in Livi but could try and play in N Lanarkshire to make it easier

21 hours ago, Spyro said:

Leave it with me, we’re all rubbish but I’m sure we can get at least a 7’s team together... might be a decent player or 2 working in other departments once I ask around. We’re based in Livi but could try and play in N Lanarkshire to make it easier

Were based in bath gate so that would work well. N Lanarkshire would probably be a good idea. Only 15 minutes down the road 

• 2 weeks later...