Lowland in the Scottish Cup 2019-20

HibeeJibee

On 27 November 2019 at 11:22, Burnie_man said:

Kelty Hearts are a club who used to attract less than 100, and are now regularly over 300/400.  Kelty is a wee place with a number of senior clubs on their doorstep, and they are not (yet) in the SPFL.  How many more would they get through the gate upon promotion? who knows.

Edinburgh City were in the 50 fans / £6 each bracket, and now average around 250/300 and £10/12, where did these new fans come from and why are they attracted despite having to pay so much more?

The fact is, there are more people out there willing to pay £12 to watch league football, than who are willing to pay £6/£7 for non league football.

Some interesting points made there, Burnie_man. Would love to see a serious analysis of why the 200/250 extra fans are attracted to Edinburgh City as an example. I've watched every grade of football in Scotland and tbh there not much in it between say Talbot and half the Seniors. So it ain't, in my opinion, the standard of football. Where does it put say Albion Rovers crowd wise who don't seem to be in great shape but v Airdrie last week drew an 1100 odd crowd. Yes i know it's local derby and the bulk of the crowd would be Airdrie but still, 1100 is a remarkable crowd at £12 an adult.

Maybe someone at Stirling University in the sports science department could give us an insight of the attraction of moving up a league or two at the basement level for spectators. Plus paying double the money to watch it.

Edited by Tutankhamen

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
On 27 November 2019 at 11:22, Burnie_man said:
Kelty Hearts are a club who used to attract less than 100, and are now regularly over 300/400.  Kelty is a wee place with a number of senior clubs on their doorstep, and they are not (yet) in the SPFL.  How many more would they get through the gate upon promotion? who knows.
Edinburgh City were in the 50 fans / £6 each bracket, and now average around 250/300 and £10/12, where did these new fans come from and why are they attracted despite having to pay so much more?
The fact is, there are more people out there willing to pay £12 to watch league football, than who are willing to pay £6/£7 for non league football.

We'll have to agree to differ on Talbot's potential to increase gates on double entry price, in a fairly tribal and sparsely populated part of the world. They might be the new Annan; being the current Talbot might be a lot more attractive. Maybe we'll find out.

Talbot would probably get the same crowd v Albion Rovers as they would say v Benburb. Only it would cost more to watch. I doubt Talbot would gain hundreds of extra fans outwith the local area when you could just as easily go and watch Killie, Ayr or Queen of the South. I'd be interested how many fans from within 10 miles of Beechwood will be at the cup final on Saturday. Would it be a shock if it was in the high hundreds.

On 07/12/2019 at 01:57, selfassemblyshire said:

Horrible fans supporting a horrible club.

I'd be ashamed if that was my club.

C'mon the Shire

I don't get why you hate us so much. We're pretty ambivalent towards you, it would have been nice to have come up against you when you were a big team.

On 10/12/2019 at 10:38, selfassemblyshire said:

Just think it's horrible to rob your own fans. At least it saves you from begging for more money for further upgrades.

C'mon the Shire

Well it the fans/supporters financing the club not some rich American playboy wondering what to do with his pocket money, and when it’s gone it’s gone.

Just compare  our average attendance with yours.

You were missing from your teams match on Saturday because you were in bed ill. Sick of your club all the stress supporting your club. I think you would be better concentrating on your team rather than making posts on what is happening at other clubs( PS make that your New Year resolution).

C’mon The Rose 

Edited by bravehearts dad
Addition

Well it the fans/supporters financing the club not some rich American playboy wondering what to do with his pocket money, and when it’s gone it’s gone.
Just compare  our average attendance with yours.

You were missing from your teams match on Saturday because you were in bed ill. Sick of your club all the stress supporting your club. I think you would be better concentrating on your team rather than making posts on what is happening at other clubs( PS make that your New Year resolution).

Sick of seeing all the shite you post more like [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

As far as I'm aware this is a forum and I can comment where and when I please, so I'll decide about that one.

Ps you forgot your tagline that I love so much

C'mon The Shire

10 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Sick of seeing all the shite you post more like emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

As far as I'm aware this is a forum and I can comment where and when I please, so I'll decide about that one.

Ps you forgot your tagline that I love so much

C'mon The Shire

I have sorted that for you, thanks for the reminder.

Must do better. Off for the school run now.

C’mon The Rose 

• 1 month later...

Bump.

Eyes turn to Scottish Cup R4 and the last 3 standing. Bonnyrigg may not be quite as sharp as possible, having had 3 or their last 4 games off, but host Clyde who only have 1 win in 8. Let's hope New Dundas gets a wringing-out or a drying breeze before next weekend. EK v BSCG meanwhile is an all-LL affair and while the visitors will be favourites the host showed signs of a revival in demolishing Cumbernauld last week. None of these sides... Clyde included... actually played today.