Lowland in the Scottish Cup 2019-20

HibeeJibee

BSC is plenty big enough for me Craigie. I'm pretty sure the Judge feels the same way about EK. Hopefully next season you'll get to experience a bit of what we are right now.

Haha I’m only joking Jerry. Well done, some result of Saturday. I know you get a bit of a slagging about BSCs fan base etc but results like that can only be a good thing for the club and the league as a whole.

I hope so, since 2011 we’ve only won 5 games I think and never got past the second round.

28 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Haha I’m only joking Jerry. Well done, some result of Saturday. I know you get a bit of a slagging about BSCs fan base etc but results like that can only be a good thing for the club and the league as a whole.

I hope so, since 2011 we’ve only won 5 games I think and never got past the second round.

Cheers Craigie. Sometimes you need to ignore the stats and just keep believing. The way the LL club's are going we'll be seeing more teams experiencing what Rose, EK & BSC did this weekend.

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:51, BS7 said:

Isn't the capacity linked to the numbers of exits? Bonnyrigg could have sold more tickets, but the club themselves always had a limit in mind much lower than the theoretical capacity.

It's based mainly on turnstiles, of which it is deemed that 600 persons can gain access in an hour.  So, above any other calculations which indicated we can accommodate more, WLC set our capacity at Blackburn at 1,200, as we only have 2 turnstiles.  That can in theory be reviewed for one-off games if you can demonstrate you can add other entrances.  That's my understanding anyway, not that we'll need it.

Setting Prestonfield at 1,700 is ridiculous, but then it's WLC.

And also its fair to point out the no team that has joined the SPFL/SFL recently has seen a decrease in attendances despite a large increase in prices from when they were non league. It would be weird if Auchinleck were the first to do so.
To be fair, Cove and Edin City were hardly well supported before they moved into the SPFL 2, are in relatively affluent areas and are doing well. Their crowds were hardly likely to drop.

Talbot are sooking in a fair percentage of the local population who love watching Junior football against local rivals. Would their regular 400 pay £12 to watch them play Cowden?

They wouldn't attract too many more from the locale if they moved up either. Who's going to come from Cumnock or the likes to support them? I can't see the benefit if they won promotion into SPFL2.

13 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

To be fair, Cove and Edin City were hardly well supported before they moved into the SPFL 2, are in relatively affluent areas and are doing well. Their crowds were hardly likely to drop.

Talbot are sooking in a fair percentage of the local population who love watching Junior football against local rivals. Would their regular 400 pay £12 to watch them play Cowden?

They wouldn't attract too many more from the locale if they moved up either. Who's going to come from Cumnock or the likes to support them? I can't see the benefit if they won promotion into SPFL2.

Kelty Hearts are a club who used to attract less than 100, and are now regularly over 300/400.  Kelty is a wee place with a number of senior clubs on their doorstep, and they are not (yet) in the SPFL.  How many more would they get through the gate upon promotion? who knows.

Edinburgh City were in the 50 fans / £6 each bracket, and now average around 250/300 and £10/12, where did these new fans come from and why are they attracted despite having to pay so much more?

The fact is, there are more people out there willing to pay £12 to watch league football, than who are willing to pay £6/£7 for non league football.

Bonnyrigg has announced its ticketing arrangements for their tie against Clyde.

https://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/news/bonnyrigg-rose-v-clyde--ticket-information-2492662.html

Tickets go on sale at New Dundas Park from Sunday 8th December

Now that the four TV ties have been selected for the William Hill Scottish fourth round we can confirm that our fourth round fixture will be held at New Dundas Park on Saturday January 18th at 15:00.

We have decided to make this fixture as ticket only, which has worked well for us in the previous two rounds and should keep queues to enter the ground on match day to a minimum.

Ticket prices for the fixture following consultation with our opponents are as follows:

Adults - £15
Concessions (over 65s/disabled/carer) - £10
Child (Under 16s) - £5

Clyde will receive their ticket allocation over the next few days. Under Scottish Cup rules they are entitled to 20% of available tickets, which we have set for this round at 2,200.

Tickets will be on sale for Rose supporters at New Dundas Park in the Andy Kelly hospitality lounge opposite the dressing rooms on the following dates from Sunday 8th December:

- Sunday 8th - 12:00 - 15:00
- Tuesday 10th - At our EoS Qualifying Cup match v Bo'ness United
- Thursday 12th - 18:00 - 20:00
- Friday 13th - 10:00 - 15:00
- Sunday 15th - 12:00 - 15:00

Tickets will be available to purchase in person only (i.e. There will be no online sales).

We have been in the fortunate position in that both of the previous Scottish Cup ties held at New Dundas Park this season have been sell outs. We expect the demand to at least equal the others with the queries we've had already. Tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

Milking their money from the run, fair play to them.

What’s the normal prices?
£7 for normal games. Both home games in the Scottish were £10 for adults, expected this one to go up a bit but had expected £12 rather than £15.

4 hours ago, BS7 said:

You’re not stupid you understand supply and demand. We could have charged more and still sold out.

Something we'll never find out but whilst your crowds are very impressive what's the max you think yer average (not die hard) fan would be willing to pay  ? 

On saying that isnt £15 on a par wi League 1 prices and BOTH clubs need to agree a price  ? 

22 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Something we'll never find out but whilst your crowds are very impressive what's the max you think yer average (not die hard) fan would be willing to pay  ? 

On saying that isnt £15 on a par wi League 1 prices and BOTH clubs need to agree a price  ? 

I think it tops out for a one off game at around £20 for us.

But, I'm not sure that will be the same every season?

14 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Still robbing your regulars. Horrible pater from the club.

Cmon the Shire

I think you'll find the regulars have never been happier with the way the club is being run.

Kelty Hearts are a club who used to attract less than 100, and are now regularly over 300/400.  Kelty is a wee place with a number of senior clubs on their doorstep, and they are not (yet) in the SPFL.  How many more would they get through the gate upon promotion? who knows.
Edinburgh City were in the 50 fans / £6 each bracket, and now average around 250/300 and £10/12, where did these new fans come from and why are they attracted despite having to pay so much more?
The fact is, there are more people out there willing to pay £12 to watch league football, than who are willing to pay £6/£7 for non league football.

We'll have to agree to differ on Talbot's potential to increase gates on double entry price, in a fairly tribal and sparsely populated part of the world. They might be the new Annan; being the current Talbot might be a lot more attractive. Maybe we'll find out.