Lowland in the Scottish Cup 2019-20

HibeeJibee

From speaking to a few Talbot folks recently it's so much anti pyramid as anti double the price to attend every league game in the SFL2. The big Scottish Cup is like cream cakes and a treble up at the bookies to Talbot but what's the big attraction to playing the likes of Edinburgh City every week in the league at £13 a pop. They know the audience in South East Ayrshire. Most Junior clubs would like a shot at the big Scottish Cup but they don't want Cove Rangers on a wet Tuesday in a league game.
Goodness me..... Are you still trying to peddle this. I thought you had dropped it.

54 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

I know jerry. Yous went through all that yesterday just for an away at kpark. Boot in the baws or what???

I suppose we should look on it as a guarantee the LL will be represented in the 5th round. It is a bit shattering mind you when your dreaming of Celtic or Rangers away🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, johnmc80 said:

Not at all oor gogs. We are one of the few teams that they haven’t beat this season. Would just have liked a change of scene. As im sure bsc would have too.

Spot on John. Also worth remembering we don’t have the best record at K-Park. In fact our win at the end of last season was out first. Whatever happens it will be a tight game between 2 very good sides.

On 23/11/2019 at 18:04, newcastle broon said:

Superb result for Bonnyrigg today I'm surprised at the crowd figure though as with no disrespect to Bonnyrigg how did they manage a bigger capacity than the limit Linlithgow Rose were quoted for last night  ? Looks to me like Linlithgow could've squeezed a lot more in as well  ? 

Same reason why many things round here are bollocks - West Lothian Council couldn't run a tuck shop.

You could have very comfortably added 600 to Linlithgow's capacity - that would have brought the crowd up to the numbers we had against Forfar and Raith Rovers, both of which passed off without the tiniest concern. 

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Same reason why many things round here are bollocks - West Lothian Council couldn't run a tuck shop.

You could have very comfortably added 600 to Linlithgow's capacity - that would have brought the crowd up to the numbers we had against Forfar and Raith Rovers, both of which passed off without the tiniest concern. 

Why set a capacity then reduce it substantially?  No point in giving capacity wi a license then ? 

10 hours ago, GordonS said:

Isn't the capacity linked to the numbers of exits? Bonnyrigg could have sold more tickets, but the club themselves always had a limit in mind much lower than the theoretical capacity.

1 hour ago, BS7 said:

Isn't the capacity linked to the numbers of exits? Bonnyrigg could have sold more tickets, but the club themselves always had a limit in mind much lower than the theoretical capacity.

I'd be surprised, there are large double swing doors in three corners of the ground, plus exits back through the entrances in two corners. IMO Prestonfield has better exits than, say, Ochilview, which has a capacity of 3,700. It clears hugely quicker than any all-seater ground could. 

23 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

A tremendous performance and result from BSC....really wish they'd been rewarded with a glamour tie.

Agree with others that it gives both teams a great chance to get to the last 16.

I would taken away ties for both of us v Rangers and Celtic. Not fussed who got what.😂

2 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Thanks for your kind remarks Informer x

You are most welcome, I know there is a wee bit of jealousy involved, because I know there is with me, but just let them enjoy their success. 

Edited by The Informer

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

Is that so you could both go and watch your big team?

BSC is plenty big enough for me Craigie. I'm pretty sure the Judge feels the same way about EK. Hopefully next season you'll get to experience a bit of what we are right now.