Square slice and tattie scone

f**k sake, no this pish again. Let people put stuff on rolls how they want, and let them call slice, square, flat or Lorne whatever the f**k they want. Anyhoo, I cooked my lorne with black pudding in the middle, with bacon on the top, and tattie scone on the bottom, on the BBQ this morning, lovely. On 2 soft white rolls with hp sauce. Beautiful.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

f**k sake, no this pish again. Let people put stuff on rolls how they want, and let them call slice, square, flat or Lorne whatever the f**k they want. Anyhoo, I cooked my lorne with black pudding in the middle, with bacon on the top, and tattie scone on the bottom, on the BBQ this morning, lovely. On 2 soft white rolls with hp sauce. Beautiful.

I was with you right up to "soft rolls".

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Double meat on a roll is pish. Nae need for it. Bacon and sausage.... Na.

This thread will have a lot of poor takes in it but all just stop now, this is the worst from a poster who generally, is usually acceptable.

This thread will have a lot of poor takes in it but all just stop now, this is the worst from a poster who generally, is usually acceptable.
Generally, is usually acceptable" is the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day, so first of all thanks for that!

Double meat is a waste. They cancel eachother out. Its meat for meats sake. Bacon +1, sausage +1 where the +1 consists of egg, black pudding, haggis or tattie scone is the correct way to set up a doubler.

Generally, is usually acceptable" is the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day, so first of all thanks for that!

Double meat is a waste. They cancel eachother out. Its meat for meats sake. Bacon +1, sausage +1 where the +1 consists of egg, black pudding, haggis or tattie scone is the correct way to set up a doubler.

It’s meat for meats sake...like that’s a bad thing? Lorne n bacon a fine roll does make. Usually I’d go bacon & black pudding or bacon & haggis tbf, but I’d also count them as meat.

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

It’s meat for meats sake...like that’s a bad thing? Lorne n bacon a fine roll does make. Usually I’d go bacon & black pudding or bacon & haggis tbf, but I’d also count them as meat.

They are puddings. Its a different genre. 

I just think if I have square sausage and I have bacon, its better to have two seperate rolls. 

They are puddings. Its a different genre. 
I just think if I have square sausage and I have bacon, its better to have two seperate rolls. 

You’ve somewhat redeemed yourself. Mango on pizza remains a blemish on the record though.

Was in a service station in England at the weekend getting some breakfast, with a couple of folk in front of me in line. Boy in front of me in the queue asks "Eh, ye goat any square sausage?". After a while it was established that there was no square sausage, nor had the employee ever heard of it. Next boy steps up. "Eh, goat any chips?" (it's about 9am).  

Without tattie scones on the breakfast menu I don't think we can truly view our southern neighbours as a civilised nation. 

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

People's vote needed IMO. 

I'd never have sauce with a breakfast (beans would provide the sauce). However, if I was having sausage egg and chips for my dinner I probably would have some sauce.

Mrs has tomato sauce on a bacon roll and my daughter and I in those moments consider moving out and finding a new mum. 

46 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Was in a service station in England at the weekend getting some breakfast, with a couple of folk in front of me in line. Boy in front of me in the queue asks "Eh, ye goat any square sausage?". After a while it was established that there was no square sausage, nor had the employee ever heard of it. Next boy steps up. "Eh, goat any chips?" (it's about 9am).  

Without tattie scones on the breakfast menu I don't think we can truly view our southern neighbours as a civilised nation. 

Another reason, and a very compelling one, for independence.