Square slice and tattie scone

Best place locally for Lorne Sausage is definitely Boglily Farm Shop (The Buffalo Farm) just outside Kirkcaldy.  They are larger than normal supermarket equivalents and thicker too.  They retain their size during frying/grilling and fit a large or decent sized roll.  They are guid.   

lorne_sausage-award.jpg?itok=FcDAEUFj

Best place locally for Lorne Sausage is definitely Boglily Farm Shop (The Buffalo Farm) just outside Kirkcaldy.  They are larger than normal supermarket equivalents and thicker too.  They retain their size during frying/grilling and fit a large or decent sized roll.  They are guid.   
lorne_sausage-award.jpg?itok=FcDAEUFj&key=6e0cd9b8e3d776f21d3ed171e027ed4b913b261e4d367ee6566592e773e2ad2b

Played 5s earlier. Could murder a bit of that right now.

On 09/09/2019 at 17:56, MONKMAN said:

Roll shops in Dundee don’t sell haggis? Clark’s does I’m sure.

On 09/09/2019 at 19:34, Dele said:

Sell haggis pies I think, will have a peek tomorrow on the way in to work. 

Sadly, they do not do haggis on roll. 

I've just returned to Glasgow and have a shop for Morton's rolls and a butcher for square sausage a stones through from my house. Absolutely fucking delightful after years of soft Edinburgh rolls and supermarket bought square. I do miss the haggis and tattie scone roll from my old works canteen, even if it was served in some bappy pish.

Morton's rolls are the best in Scotland.

I've just returned to Glasgow and have a shop for Morton's rolls and a butcher for square sausage a stones through from my house. Absolutely fucking delightful after years of soft Edinburgh rolls and supermarket bought square. I do miss the haggis and tattie scone roll from my old works canteen, even if it was served in some bappy pish.
Morton's rolls are the best in Scotland.

Don’t get the stones through the house in Edinburgh, though.

Roll and square with either onions/egg/tattie scone or black pudding.  Ketchup normally but sometimes brown if going for the onion or scone option.

Agree on the no double meat policy.

Also agree that a roll and links (with onions) is sensational.  

Not fussed on brands of sauce.  I actually don’t mind cheap stuff as it’s like the stuff out of burger vans which is all good.

I’d happily have a couple of rolls for brunch and a couple more for dinner, but I like my eyesight.

3 minutes ago, booo267 said:

I'm a vegan... and for me it's really disgusting. I like to prepare some healthy and aestetically beautiful dishes)  

Something like this - vegan avocado pasta

Try)

That looks and sounds lovely but I bet it would be even nicer if you added something like freshly cooked mussels.

5 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Square - if it's square or rectangular

Sliced - if it's the not oft found round

Lorne - if you're a Tory 

I'm not sure how hard this whole discussion has ever been, tbh.

What about the more common trapezium? 

Not that fussed what it's called tbh but careless geometry is symptomatic of the decline of society. 

I will be getting a roll tomorrow morning, as is Friday tradition. What’s the P&B consensus? I won’t a fried egg because I’m a dignified adult, I’m open to double meat (Kenneth! Sit down!), would prefer brown sauce (if any) and always open a slice of cheese (Kenneth! You’ve been telt!)...

Just now, NJ2 said:

I will be getting a roll tomorrow morning, as is Friday tradition. What’s the P&B consensus? I won’t a fried egg because I’m a dignified adult, I’m open to double meat (Kenneth! Sit down!), would prefer brown sauce (if any) and always open a slice of cheese (Kenneth! You’ve been telt!)...

Scooby Snack. Go for it. Its Friday. 

Scooby Snack. Go for it. Its Friday. 

Ingredients please? We have, what I can only describe as a sandwich shop, close by which does a “scooby snack”. Chicken, sweet chilli sauce, peanut butter, cheese. Best o’ teckle but if you think I’m having in the AM you have lost the plot.

On 31/08/2019 at 21:01, bobthespider said:

The arguments you get on a Saturday night.

My wife continues to make rolls and sausage with tattie scone on the bottom square slice sausage on top ....surely that is wrong ?

It’s too dry.