The Big Relegation Thread

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Some laugh when none of the Hearts players relegation wage cuts can be actioned because they keep bleating on about expulsions instead.

It really is hilarious.Hey Liam we have to cut your wages again as we've been relegated.

But you said we were expelled.

Shhhhhhhh keep your voice down.no we HAVE been relegated but dont admit it to anyone, now take that cut.

I have nothing against Hearts, but I find it incredible in these times that they won't just accept relegation? Am I right in saying that they had only won 4 games (worst record in the league) and were 4 points adrift with the 2nd worst goal difference?.

I appreciate that it must be really hard to take for club and fans - but I honestly think they should accept the decision and set themselves up for an attack on the Championship (why waste money on legal arguments?)

3 minutes ago, Bailey1874 said:

I have nothing against Hearts, but I find it incredible in these times that they won't just accept relegation? Am I right in saying that they had only won 4 games (worst record in the league) and were 4 points adrift with the 2nd worst goal difference?.

I appreciate that it must be really hard to take for club and fans - but I honestly think they should accept the decision and set themselves up for an attack on the Championship (why waste money on legal arguments?)

To be honest, I'd be stunned if they just accepted it.

Whilst it's hilarious that they can't keep themselves in the top league for more than a handful of years at a time, you're still talking about a circumstance which imposes significant financial cuts, which likely will be your low paid workers etc losing jobs. Players with enforced salary cuts etc etc.

Your point about them only winning 4 games is subjective, what's the cut off point for how bad you need to be to just accept it? They hadn't been relegated yet.

I'd say they actually have an obligation to their stakeholders to explore every avenue to challenge it.

13 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Something that is consistently forgotten through the tears of laughter in the direction of Hearts:

Hamilton Accies went to Ibrox and won 1-0 and then beat Kilmarnock 1-0 with 10 men via a last minute penalty in their last 2 games of the season. All in the space of four days which were massive for them at the time but with hindsight have directly given them another great escape.

6 points taken when given the circumstances, you'd be justifiably saying nil points for Accies. Nil points that would have seen them bottom after 30 games.

Really, you can't do anything but doff your fucking hat at how they manage it year on year. It's an art form. I fully expect them to top it again somehow next season.

If this season had gone the distance and the Dees were in the play-off final the one team I did not want to see us play was the Accies

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Whilst it's hilarious that they can't keep themselves in the top league for more than a handful of years at a time, you're still talking about a circumstance which imposes significant financial cuts, which likely will be your low paid workers etc losing jobs. Players with enforced salary cuts etc etc.

Your point about them only winning 4 games is subjective, what's the cut off point for how bad you need to be to just accept it? They hadn't been relegated yet.

I'd say they actually have an obligation to their stakeholders to explore every avenue to challenge it.

Dons - Good points well made. 

Do you think the league should have been called, null & void?

Your right that Hearts had not yet been relegated, the same way Celtic hadn't won the league and others hadn't yet qualified for Europe. I fully appreciate your point on low paid workers, but is throwing money at a (probably doomed) Court battle the answer? As said, these are strange times, I just personally think that we have to accept the league is over and hope that we can have some (fan watched) football next season.

i know there has been Clubs who have benefited and Clubs who have lost out - but under the circumstances I think there was no other way forward (again just my opinion)

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

images (15).jpeg

43 minutes ago, Bailey1874 said:

Dons - Good points well made. 

Do you think the league should have been called, null & void?

Your right that Hearts had not yet been relegated, the same way Celtic hadn't won the league and others hadn't yet qualified for Europe. I fully appreciate your point on low paid workers, but is throwing money at a (probably doomed) Court battle the answer? As said, these are strange times, I just personally think that we have to accept the league is over and hope that we can have some (fan watched) football next season.

i know there has been Clubs who have benefited and Clubs who have lost out - but under the circumstances I think there was no other way forward (again just my opinion)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we have arrived at the wrong result, we haven't. I don't even think they have much grounds for a legal challenge. 

I just think it's easy to say from the outside that they should just accept it. The board really has an obligation to anyone who may potentially lose their job to have explored every avenue they possibly can.

15 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Ian Black in the papers this morning suggesting that the suits sent Hearts down on yesterday of all days to spoil their wee 5-1 anniversary today, I shit you not.

This guy?

image.png.af5ce72905239d0053762dcf02cc9f31.png

22 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Absolutely zero grounds for a legal challenge. They're utterly deluding themselves and/or it's a PR move.

I see the Bonnie Prince Charlie account is out in force today.

Keep crying you fucking welt! :lol: