The Big Relegation Thread

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, just the 3 major trophies, and 7 top half finishes, in the last decade.

At least you lads had the one good season and have an extra 800 folk to sit beside through the dirge, though. Thats what really matters.

All that and still a diddy club.

United currently available at 4/9 with 2 online bookies to finish bottom. That’s got to be worth a year’s wages especially with them being offered at 1/1000 elsewhere.      

5 minutes ago, Robdarin said:

United currently available at 4/9 with 2 online bookies to finish bottom. That’s got to be worth a year’s wages especially with them being offered at 1/1000 elsewhere.      

Having found that impossible to believe I just went to Oddschecker and, incredibly, BetVictor are indeed offering 4/9 on DU to finish bottom.

Screenshot_20230528_133643_Chrome.jpg

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The EPL/EFL can ban plastic pitches because theyre pumping £100m+ at each division and every side is full time.

Youd kill the lower leagues here getting rid of it.

It should only be in the top flight if theres a discernible reason the ground cannot have grass, most likely due to community uses.

There should also be rules about the quality of grass having to be maintained in the top flight though. Ours has been a disgrace this season and the amount of bobbles the ball takes is genuinely dangerous, id have had no arguments if we were fined over it.

I'm pretty sure our pitch is owned by the West Lothian Youth Foundation, so I'm not even sure we could rip it up if we wanted at this point. We do have something like a 70 year lease on the stadium from the council though

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, just the 3 major trophies, and 7 top half finishes, in the last decade.

At least you lads had the one good season and have an extra 800 folk to sit beside through the dirge, though. Thats what really matters.

Yes well done and you would be correct to enjoy the achievements. To win both cups in the same season is a great achievement I am sure you are all proud of, any teams support (outwith the OF) would. I have no wish to enter into which club has enjoyed the most success over any period of time. 

You are quite wrong with the " one good season" it was not quite 2. Bottom to 5th in Steves first season and 3rd in his second. I don't know where the 800 folk to sit beside comes from perhaps your confusing your club devoting 3 of your stands to the OF.

• 3 months later...

Honestly we can close this thread for the year. 

How you can go from where we have been to this is just gross negligence. No way am I saying that what we have done over the last decade is sustainable but it should guarantee a certain level of stability. I.e relegation should not really be a consideration.

Unfortunately we are run with all the professionalism of the local bowling club. Ten years of hard work utterly squandered on two seasons. 

Too early for this thread IMO, but aye its looking a bit grim.

Would say St Mirren already look safe tbh, the drop off needed for them to be relegated is too big to be realistic. Tempted to say Motherwell is the same.

Screenshot_20230924_065031_Chrome.thumb.jpg.30fbb13241b5e241c2895a2aff5e7c2a.jpg

Thread will be all about us for a while.

Next five games are...

Livingston (H), Aberdeen (A), Motherwell (H), St Mirren (A), Kilmarnock (H)

Need to be getting 8+ points wise from that run