The Big Relegation Thread

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

That’s exactly what people said about Hibs under Butcher, who had an 8 point gap to 11th after 23 games compared to Kilmarnock’s 5.

They managed one win in their last 18 games.

Suppose.

That was magic.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

That’s exactly what people said about Hibs under Butcher, who had an 8 point gap to 11th after 23 games compared to Kilmarnock’s 5.

They managed one win in their last 18 games.

More of this content on this thread pls.

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Roughly the same side pal, roughly the same.

Only two of our starting line-up today also started that game (Clare and Halkett), and one of them has since moved position and looks much better. Swamp drained.jj.png

Hearts fans getting all excited after a win, wait until Stendelbottom and his merry troops rock up to McDiarmid Farm and meet the Scottish Sheffield United. We should have signed the "Scottish Championship Van Djik" by that point too.

A game to whet the appetite. 

16 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Stendelbottom patter is really awful.

disgusted not safe for work GIF

13 minutes ago, sjc said:

I'm more intrigued by this  "Scottish Championship Van Djik" to be honest.

You're both missing the point of that post, I fear.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Update to this...

Next 5 games - fixtures against top half sides in italics. 

Kilmarnock - 23pts - Ross County (H), Hearts (A), Rangers (H), Hibernian (H), Celtic (A)

St Johnstone - 23ptsCeltic (H), Hearts (H), Aberdeen (A), Motherwell (H), Ross County (A) 

Ross County - 22ptsRangers (A), Kilmarnock (A), Livingston (H), Hibernian (A), St Johnstone (H) 

St Mirren - 20ptsHibernian (A), Hamilton (H), Livingston (A), Motherwell (H), Hearts (H)

Hamilton - 18pts Celtic (H), St Mirren (A), Aberdeen (A), Hearts (A), Motherwell (H) 

Hearts - 17pts - St Johnstone (A), Kilmarnock (H), Celtic (A), Hamilton (H), St Mirren (A)

Accies v Aberdeen is at NDP

Lack of StMirren in this chat.

McBookie have it between us and Accies to finish bottom. They are 13/8 we are 2/1. Hearts next at 5/1.

We just aren't taking our chances. Our back line has been decimated and our consistent performer Paul McGinn is joining Hibs.
St Mirren will be fine sadly.

Can still see Ross Co and St J being dragged into play off spot but must be Hamilton for 12th.  Hearts will still finish bottom 6. No way are they catching us. 

I don’t think it’s a case of being dragged, we’ve always and still are in that position. It’s Killie who’ve been dragged down. I’d say the same with County tbh.

I think the vast majority of St Johnstone fans know fine well we're still very much in the battle, so no dragging required.

With the squad as light as it is, we're a couple of injuries away from being in proper trouble all over again.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:
12 hours ago, sergie said:
Lack of StMirren in this chat.

McBookie have it between us and Accies to finish bottom. They are 13/8 we are 2/1. Hearts next at 5/1.

We just aren't taking our chances. Our back line has been decimated and our consistent performer Paul McGinn is joining Hibs.

St Mirren will be fine sadly.

I'm honestly not sure at the moment. Assuming McGinn goes to Hibs (because why wouldn't he?) we need more players in this week than previously thought.

We could theoretically 0-0 our way to 35 points, but it might not be enough 😂

Also, feel free to bookmark/quote this when we get pumped rotten by Caley, but I'm not seeing anything below Dundee United to worry about in the Championship. I certainly can't imagine any of the current Prem sides being pushed as close as an abject Saints were by a fairly decent United side last season.

Edited by Coventry Saint

38 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm honestly not sure at the moment. Assuming McGinn goes to Hibs (because why wouldn't he?) we need more players in this week than previously thought.

We could theoretically 0-0 our way to 35 points, but it might not be enough 😂

Also, feel free to bookmark/quote this when we get pumped rotten by Caley, but I'm not seeing anything below Dundee United to worry about in the Championship. I certainly can't imagine any of the current Prem sides being pushed as close as an abject Saints were by a fairly decent United side last season.

Totally agree with your last point. This season I think you just need to avoid finishing last to be ok (though last year's drama is still an experience I'd rather avoid). 

16 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I think Saints will actually be delighted at hearts picking up points. The fickle wee jambos should travel in good numbers for a change next weekend and put a bit of extra cash in the coffers. We've had to endure a few seasons of pathetic hearts' supports, so over 2000 next week please.  Hope we're closing parts of the away end and charging them all £30.

Great result for them today, and they should start to pick up a bit, but I'd like to hope we're far more up for the fight than that insipid rangers team were today.

We've sold out our allocation already.  Not sure it's fickle though, our away support has eroded over time as we were almost certain to get served up utter dross under Levein. 

5 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

We've sold out our allocation already.  Not sure it's fickle though, our away support has eroded over time as we were almost certain to get served up utter dross under Levein. 

Theres still half the North Stand available...