The Big Relegation Thread

St Mirren fans are quite right to gloat. Genuinely mad that halfway through December we sat in the top half and challenging them for position.

4 months later they might finish 3rd while we're worried about 11th. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Mirren fans are quite right to gloat. Genuinely mad that halfway through December we sat in the top half and challenging them for position.

Barn-Pose-Animation.gif

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Faustian Pact - 11th spot & the play-offs to get rid of CD?

7 minutes ago, btb said:

Faustian Pact - 11th spot & the play-offs to get rid of CD?

Hes not getting sacked even if we drop to 11th.

Theres literally nobody at the club to make that call.

You need to think it's now all or nothing for Utd tomorrow.

Anything but a win and it's going to take a miracle to escape from that position, particularly with the cut throat nature of post split fixtures a every one taking points off one another.

6 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

Dilemma for saints fans, Hibs win we are safe before the split, United win our top six chances increase. 

I know this is a joke but although Utd could still arithmetically catch us, I don't think there are enough points physically available for all teams below to do so given one team picking up 3 points would another dropping 3 and there being too few games to allow all of those teams to pick up enough points. We were officially safe from even a possible playoff a couple of weeks back I think.

I don't think we can actually finish anything below 8th at this point.

Edited by djchapsticks

For me, there are four teams in the equation…

We’re picking up major injuries at a terrible time and our squad is starting to look thin. That being said, we’re starting to look quite hard to beat and carry something of an attacking threat now.

Killie are just doing what they’ve done all season. Impeccable home form but can’t buy a win away from home. Played alright at Pittodrie by all accounts yesterday, though. 

United seem to have turned a bit of a corner under Goodwin. Played well against Aberdeen but nothing to show for it, steady away at Ibrox and deserved 3 points today. I think they’ll finish bottom 2 but they’re certainly capable of climbing out of 12th. 

So you’ve got 10th, 11th and 12th all showing hints of improvements which must worry St Johnstone. They looked awful yesterday. That being said, they only really need 6/7 more points and they’re probably safe. I think they’ll be fine, probably finishing 10th. 

At the moment, I’ll go:

9th - Killie

10th - St J

11th - County

12th - United

Killie have Celtic on Sunday so any points for them is a bonus. Saints’ away form has been what’s kept them ticking this season and they travel to a flat-looking Livi so I’d expect them to pick up points Saturday. I have a sneaky suspicion that we may nick a point on Friday against Aberdeen who still have the jury out over their away form. United probably have their work cut out away at in-form Motherwell but you just never know.

What a 5/6 weeks this is going to be for the neutral. Not so much for the rest of us…

St Johnstone are probably the team in the worst form of the contenders - but they are still pretty close to being safe and so I think it would take an absolutely epic run of shite form until May for them to go down from here. 

Interesting to see if Davidson is bullet proof as even a very modest bounce from a new (or even caretaker) manager would have them over the line as they only need 4 or 5 points.

6 hours ago, Swello said:

Interesting to see if Davidson is bullet proof 

We literally dont have anyone to sack him, or even hire a new manager really.

Steve Brown is cutting all ties with the club this Summer and walking away. Hes virtually already at that stage. Geoff Brown is in his 80s and also has no interest in actually running the club.

Whos left is Roddy Grant (whos only a director because of his playing history and is absolutely not going to sack anybody), Ian Flaherty (was hired thanks to Davidson and is more in charge of the business side of the club), and Gus MacPherson (whos never clarified what he actually does at the club, flat out refused to even speak to fans to explain at an open night months ago and by the looks of things since he came in, football wise, gives Davidson free reign to do what he wants.).

So aye. Davidson isnt getting sacked anytime soon.

Edited by RandomGuy.