The Big Relegation Thread

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

One of you c***s can appoint Ian Holloway yourselves if you're that desperate for him to come up here

As I understand it, our owner has no plans to change the manager or the sporting director.

Or sign a competent goalkeeper, for that matter

On 05/02/2023 at 16:27, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20230205_162356_Chrome.thumb.jpg.891c0edcd99e7875fcf33e884f004e63.jpg

38pts absolutely guarantees safety, IMO

Safe to sat the top 4 here are safe, needing at most 2 wins from 13 games.

Id say we're safe too tbh. Our record v bottom half sides is great and thats the majority of our games now, with none v the OF. Sitting at ~34 points by the split is realistic and leaves just 1 win needed to guarantee it. If we are relegated from there then itll have taken a monumental collapse of about 6pts from 13 games.

Aswell making this a race to the play off thread? Maybe not yet.

38 still the cut off i like to have, never know whatll happen when mid table sides start taking their eye off the ball...

Screenshot_20230305_155823_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6ce358f5052058307a6ba66b452d22b4.jpg

Aberdeen now officially safe from all chance of relegation. St Mirren and Livi just 1 result away so should be safe by the end of the month. 

Then youre down to 5.

I still think we're safe but our next game is away to Kilmarnock and if we lose its panic stations as its our away results that are keeping us safe.

That Livi United game at Almondvale game midweek looks huge for the basement battle and the top six crunch.

Both sides in poor form, if United lose it’s hard to see a route to 10th for them.

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aswell making this a race to the play off thread? Maybe not yet.

38 still the cut off i like to have, never know whatll happen when mid table sides start taking their eye off the ball...

Screenshot_20230305_155823_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6ce358f5052058307a6ba66b452d22b4.jpg

Aberdeen now officially safe from all chance of relegation. St Mirren and Livi just 1 result away so should be safe by the end of the month. 

Then youre down to 5.

I still think we're safe but our next game is away to Kilmarnock and if we lose its panic stations as its our away results that are keeping us safe.

I know you mentioned this in our thread yesterday but it's nuts that you made that original post a month ago and 4 games later we're a point behind you with a better goal difference.

16 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I know you mentioned this in our thread yesterday but it's nuts that you made that original post a month ago and 4 games later we're a point behind you with a better goal difference.

Aye.

I mean its captain obvious stuff but it just takes a team 2/3 good results and the gap to teams above is easily swallowed up. I think its why its important in this type of battle at this stage to simply look at your own points total and aim to be sitting on at least a point a game average, as things can change so quickly in terms of position.

We have to play Killie and County still before the split too so, aye, ill be shitting if we lose to Killie in 2 weeks as we'll be getting close to that 1PPG average again while also losing our buffer to the bottom two.

Know folk dont always like these, but this guy generally gets the positions spot on from December onwards. Points wise i cant remember.

United all sorts of doomed.

Edited by RandomGuy.