The Big Relegation Thread

45 minutes ago, bennett said:

You've probably jinxed it now.

Theres still a chance we go down because Davidson seems to constantly have a brain fart around the corner, but if we cant win 3 of our next 13 games, considering our record v bottom half this season, id be surprised. 

And 36pts could be enough.

19 hours ago, welldaft said:

Random guy - fuckin w****r.

On the basis he gave Ross County - decent Manager tag. Shame on you. 

He's not commenting on his character, he's commenting on his managerial ability.

Seems we've got our four contenders now.

Got to say, I find United baffling. The time we beat them 4-1 at the start of the season apart, whenever I see them play they look decent and I'm always waiting for them to go on a run and get clear. But they seem keen to fight it out, and I admire that.

Let's be honest, there's only one way to assess this, and that's the value of a club as an away trip.

Ross County - Highlight of the season, must stay in the league. Reconstruct if necessary. KEEP

Dundee United - Trips to Dundee are good, and Tannadice is a fine stadium. With Dundee possibly fucking up promotion, the Premiership must maintain a Dundee away day. KEEP

Motherwell - Hmm. Now, Motherwell is a shite hole, and I'd hate to live there. But, it has some decent enough boozers for a fitba day out, is easy to get to (especially for me coming up from England), and I have always liked Fir Park in an odd sort of way. KEEP

Killie - In Ayshire. Shite town. Sort of easy to get to, but Fanny by Gasslight aside, shite once you are there. Rugby Park is shite. I'm sorry, Killie fans, but it's a BIN from me. Preferably replace with Ayr. Nothing personal.. But you've got a shite stadium to go to, and theirs is magic.

Edited by VincentGuerin

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Killie - In Ayshire. Shite town. Sort of easy to get to, but Fanny by Gasslight aside, shite once you are there. Rugby Park is shite. I'm sorry, Killie fans, but it's a BIN from me. Preferably replace with Ayr. Nothing personal.. But you've got a shite stadium to go to, and theirs is magic.

Fanny by Gaslight is a cracking pub....brilliant live music in there too

• 2 weeks later...

Huge win for Motherwell  tonight, up to 9th on GD. The fact there are 3 teams below us in the league is mental considering tonight was our first win since Halloween and our first win at home since August. 
Tough away fixtures for County and Killie this weekend, and I expect we’ll be beaten by Hearts, so a good chance for Utd to close the gap at home to St Johnstone. 

11 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The bottom 3 are starting to get cut adrift 

Let’s wait and see what happens tomorrow. I have a feeling in my water about tomorrow. Kettlewell to mastermind a positive result and get the gig to the summer at least. Or was that a dream 🛌 

Joel Sked on The Terrace was absolutely convinced post cup match that Motherwell are heading down.

It is close at the bottom, but I do think United will start to get the results that they've been close to getting, McInnes is no mug, County always pull something together like Hamilton used to, and I think Saints will hit form again, so.... 

6 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Joel Sked on The Terrace was absolutely convinced post cup match that Motherwell are heading down.

It is close at the bottom, but I do think United will start to get the results that they've been close to getting, McInnes is no mug, County always pull something together like Hamilton used to, and I think Saints will hit form again, so.... 

Are you Joel Sked?