The Big Relegation Thread

16 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I wouldn’t worry if I was an Ross County fan. Uncle Roy will see you alright.

He’ll find a few £100k down the back of the couch for an entire new team in January. 

I've seen us do the "bring in a new team in January in a panic" thing before & I'm not convinced it works. Especially when it's the same people who brought in the team that is bottom of the league in the summer bringing them in now

On 31/12/2022 at 10:39, Moomintroll said:

We might not want to be throwing stones in that particular area given our rather chequered financial history.

Unless Dundee United are going to try to build a hotel to stay up I don't think that's hugely relevant.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kilmarnock strike first in the January window, signing Kyle Vassell from the American 2nd tier.

^^Rare Eye Condition found you utter trumpet. We wouldn't, would we? I suspect that he is not very good but that has clearly not stopped us before.

9 hours ago, forkboy said:

I've seen us do the "bring in a new team in January in a panic" thing before & I'm not convinced it works. Especially when it's the same people who brought in the team that is bottom of the league in the summer bringing them in now

Didn’t you go winless in your first ten games last season, and still finish in the top six? Can’t remember if you did sign a whole new team in January, but assume there was some incomings.

I’d have County as more likely to finish 6th than 12th at the moment. They have a well trodden, experienced manager (unlike some others down there) and a war chest. 

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Didn’t you go winless in your first ten games last season, and still finish in the top six? Can’t remember if you did sign a whole new team in January, but assume there was some incomings.

I’d have County as more likely to finish 6th than 12th at the moment. They have a well trodden, experienced manager (unlike some others down there) and a war chest. 

:thumsup2

On 29/12/2022 at 15:51, Dons_1988 said:

not to be dismissive but I think this is a little over dramatic. 

It’s perfectly reasonable to think the next win could come from a home fixture with Ross county. 

I thought that last season - https://afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=14406&season=2021-22&squad=Senior

https://afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=14443&season=2021-22&squad=Senior

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kilmarnock strike first in the January window, signing Kyle Vassell from the American 2nd tier.

We're not far behind, getting in some much needed cover for the left side of centre back with Richard Taylor from Waterford until end of season with an option for club to extend.

2 hours ago, Lex said:

County had a two-out, two-in window last January. They actually weakened because Harry Clarke was away and it meant Conor Randall had to play more at right-back. Regan Charles Cook’s purple patch dragged a poor squad over the line.

In the summer County lost their best players, re-signed the cloggers but without uncovering a couple of match-winners again, leaving them where they are now. Owura Edwards looks closest to being a consistent match winner, but keeps screwing his shots wide, 

I’d say they need to sign four players who would genuinely improve their first XI. Roy will surely sanction half a dozen signings. I’m not convinced they will get what they need and I think they’re down. 

Edited by bunglebonce

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Still think St Mirren will be back in the mix shortly unless they can dramatically sort out there away form.

Its their, not there.

Interesting how you use the word "they" rather than "we".

The mask is slipping Elvis. I won't keep you though, your real team is playing in the early kick off today.

17 hours ago, Lex said:

The experienced manager has a worse win percentage in his time at County than Stuart Kettlewell had with us in the top flight, & even if they do sign a whole new team that is still extremely unlikely to replace the goals of RCC, Hungbo & Spittal who all left in the summer, which is the only reason County made the top 6 last year. Maybe he'll be able to bring in a loanee that makes a difference through his contacts down south but so far Malky's hit rate for signings doesn't fill me with confidence. 

22 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Here we come! 

Aye.

Climb the table playing with a front 2 and McGowan in middle of the park protecting that area

winter break

Revert to the strikerless 5-5 set up with the previous front 2 forced out wide to defend, take McGowan out of midfield and leave it exposed. Add in the random changes every week and we're almost back to last season.

Just weird.