The Big Relegation Thread

14 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Hibs are annoying me now

Tell me about it! We've now joined the party after today so let the fun begin. 

I don't think we can sack another manager this quickly without the club coming across as almost unmanagable. In fantasy land, the owner sells up and f's off but he'll be far too stubborn for that and hope his son can find more gems in League 6 abroad. 

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Right.  They keep losing to relegation teams, but have the squad and finance that ensures they’ll be comfortably safe by season’s end.  

They are fucking soft though. They have good players and can turn it on at times, but if they can be dragged in the big question will be their mentality. I kind of think Dundee United are similar, no questioning the ability in the squad, it's the mentality that's an issue.

7 hours ago, Leith Green said:

The most important question is - will he accept their most recent one was indeed a "relegation" ?

Friends Tv Lol GIF by Nick At Nite

More interested in what happens this season. I'm absolutely sure Hearts won't be relegated. Can't say the same for Hibs.

3 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

It's close enough there's no certainty, anyone with a good or bad January window could move to safety or sink like a stone.

Motherwell certainly play like a relegation side - indeed we're reminiscent of when we should have gone down in 2003. We're not as bad as that, obviously, but despite being competitive nearly every week we find increasingly comical ways to throw away points.

We're both where we hoped to be, given being cut adrift by this stage was a genuine fear two games into the season, and in serious bother.

And you won the first of those.  

Though you looked awful that day and a draw would have flattered you. 

I don’t know who will go down. Killie are possibilities, yes defo….
Maybe Dun Utd or Ross C are candidates also.  But I suppose we are all worried about it.

Truthfully though…… I hope it is St Mirren. That would be great.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

And you won the first of those.  

Though you looked awful that day and a draw would have flattered you. 

Yes, though we should have drawn the next one but started our charity operation instead.

On those two displays (straight after Sligo!) even making a relegation battle was by far the best we could hope for.

1 hour ago, NFL12 said:

I don’t know who will go down. Killie are possibilities, yes defo….
Maybe Dun Utd or Ross C are candidates also.  But I suppose we are all worried about it.

Truthfully though…… I hope it is St Mirren. That would be great.

Fuming that his big team fucked up against us today.:lol:

22 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Having failed to take an easy three points at home yesterday, we are right back in this 

These are exactly the type of games we need to win.

Our season won't be defined by matches against Kilmarnock or Ross County.

Just now, Hendo said:

These are exactly the type of games we need to win.

Our season won't be defined by matches against Kilmarnock or Ross County.

If you can't win against the biggest diddy team in the league it's saying something is wrong. Booo, Robbo must go....

... to Luton Town

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd been hoping one of County, Killie or United would get cut adrift but they seem to take it in turns to pull off a big win from the bottom spot - one of you should really do the decent thing and make that bottom spot your own.

Saints are near the top of the mid-table log jam and given the resilience we've shown in general and that there are 5 teams between us and the play-off spot I feel we should be safe (famous last words), as a pessimist I've rarely felt this secure before the New Year.

A win against Killie in our next game would do nicely....

Edited by btb