The Big Relegation Thread

4 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Loving the early season confidence of the Livi fans! Can’t possibly see it backfiring…

Still only 10 points between third and twelfth. Any team suffering a sluggish restart after the world cup and they could find themselves deep in the mire.

I do think while we've improved in the last month or so, we'll still improve in January with the new backroom staff structure in place and hopefully some of Tommy Wright's dross leaving for pastures new to allow new faces to come in. I do think we'll be bottom six this season due to our poor start which wasn't helped by a lack of a settled formation and injuries, but the teams we're up against in the next while are potentially beatable. Who knows what'll happen though, I'll have a better idea come Saturday at 5.

On 22/10/2022 at 19:47, Allroy for Prez said:

This is our year I’m afraid.

Not sure if this is a wind up but I’m in the early stages of the relegation fear - poor form, injuries, inexperienced manager and backroom staff- could end badly. 

that, or we’ll win a few and be in and around the top 6 mix. Who knows? 

It's still just a bit too early for me to see who's really in the mixture bar the bottom couple of sides. For me, there's no question that United and County are down there, and we're not out of it quite yet although if our form continues at the rate it does we'll propel ourselves away from it gradually. It remains to be seen how we'll cope without Lafferty until our semi-final in January, but I think that the break coming in November will be a very welcome one for the teams in the bottom half to allow them to take stock and see exactly what they need in January.

12 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We've been in far worse positions, Holt's season where he resigned and even last season threatened a lot more than what we've got now. Overall this squad is a lot stronger than any we've had in the Premiership. 

Still a long way to go though, January could come and Nouble/Fitzwater/Anderson could go and we're sat worrying a bit. Last season Martindale came out with the 'this squad won't get relegated comment' which raised a few eyebrows in here but he was spot on. If we lose Martindale then we're fucked :D 

Yeh I just feel things often change dramatically outwith the top two. 

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Haven't actually thought about this, but if Dundee Utd go down could they be in big financial trouble? They've ran at a loss for a few seasons have they not, and surely dropping down would be a hard one to take

But they'd swap one derby for another?

Not counting us out of anything yet until we get to the latter 30s points mark.

The worst team I have seen this season so far is probably Motherwell, ironically, as they are the only team to beat us in Paisley. Understandable though as they just sacked Alexander and were in a bit of a state.

County weren't much better. United pretty were hopeless on saturday.

Killie were better than I thought they would be but missed some easy chances.

Perth Saints pumped us comfortably.

As long as we aren't involved in any of that relegation battle nonsense this season I'll be happy. 

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Haven't actually thought about this, but if Dundee Utd go down could they be in big financial trouble? They've ran at a loss for a few seasons have they not, and surely dropping down would be a hard one to take

Tick tock.

Protest Dance on Haughey's Grave on Make a GIF

I wouldn't say Livi are out of the equation yet, however I can see why some fans think we are

We've had a better start than previous seasons despite missing Fitzwater, Omeonga and Anderson in the team and, apart from the Aberdeen game, we've been competitive in every game

To be honest, the World cup is probably going to have a massive impact. It's essentially a pre-season for any new managers, or a chance to reset for any teams out of form. 

32 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

I wouldn't say Livi are out of the equation yet, however I can see why some fans think we are

We've had a better start than previous seasons despite missing Fitzwater, Omeonga and Anderson in the team and, apart from the Aberdeen game, we've been competitive in every game

To be honest, the World cup is probably going to have a massive impact. It's essentially a pre-season for any new managers, or a chance to reset for any teams out of form. 

Historically we always seem to have a sluggish restart after any break so who knows?