The Big Relegation Thread

IMG_0290.jpg
It would certainly be surprising if the bottom two in May doesn’t come from two teams in the current bottom five.
Hearts have a game in hand and more points than them all so I think they should have enough to stay up when their injuries clear.
Early days but I’m going to plump for Motherwell for that 12th spot. I think we are seeing now what a remarkable job Alexander did there getting them to 5th Europe last season. Strangely they went and sacked him and went and employed some youth coach as their manager and unsurprisingly, it’s all going wrong. You can hear in his interviews that the novice is cracking up already. Tough times at Fir Park.
You always expect a second half of the season renaissance from County and I do this year too, they’ll be fine when Roy gets the cheque book out in January. Experienced campaigners Davidson and McInnes will bore and shitfest St Johnstone and Kilmarnock to the safety of 9th and 10th.
That leaves Dundee United who we all know love these playoffs. You’d think employing an ex defence secretary as manager would sort out the rearguard, but it really hasn’t. Them for 11th.

So Livi out of this equation so early.Thoughts from other fans outside the top 2.So close to taking 3 from Ibrox.Its so tight.Early doors.But surely teams as per this thread realise early doors granted,got to get points on the board,which Livi have.Should have been more.Am I wrong,check your own clubs stats.

So Livi out of this equation so early.Thoughts from other fans outside the top 2.So close to taking 3 from Ibrox.Its so tight.Early doors.But surely teams as per this thread realise early doors granted,got to get points on the board,which Livi have.Should have been more.Am I wrong,check your own clubs stats.

Livi are 7 points clear of relegation and are nowhere near "out of the equation". Based on what I've seen this season, Aberdeen are the only team I'd say have zero chance of going down, and I'd say it's pretty unlikely for Hibs too.

15 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

We just wanting to call it a day now then lads?

You’ll do your usual thing of winning 2 games right after the split which sees you move up to 10th and the 2 clubs below you will cut each others throats and you’ll stay in 10th by a point.

You’ll do your usual thing of winning 2 games right after the split which sees you move up to 10th and the 2 clubs below you will cut each others throats and you’ll stay in 10th by a point.

We’ll probably be about 9 points behind by that time anyway. I’m not over exaggerating either, we are that bad.

Our issue last year was we collapsed and didn’t manage to stop the rot until it was too late. 

We managed to stop it this year so far when it’s looked like we could falter into another run. We just need to make sure we’ve a clear gap between us and 11th before the break now.

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Livi are 7 points clear of relegation and are nowhere near "out of the equation". Based on what I've seen this season, Aberdeen are the only team I'd say have zero chance of going down, and I'd say it's pretty unlikely for Hibs too.

image.thumb.png.a25b0a45e309d74644ba1130db02a455.png

There's 538s odds on the season. I always find it fairly interesting.  We usually start the season slow, so if it's the same as the other seasons where we kick into strong form post winter break then we could see us put a strong run together. 

I'd pretty comfortably say we're out of it at the minute. Based on the teams I've seen us play there's a jump in quality.  Only a few points in it when it comes to Top 6/Europe spots as well. 

Teams like Ross County/Killie/Motherwell have looked fairly shite against us. Ironically two of those stole a win against us, Motherwell with a penalty VAR would've overturned and Ross County with a break up the park and a shot off the bar landing on their strikers head. 

IMO I can see Dundee Utd spending in January leaving Killie/Ross County/St Johnstone and Motherwell fighting it out

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

We already spent in the summer and last January for all the fucking good its done us.

When in doubt, spend more :D Then again, Ross County tend to spend a bit when in trouble and Motherwell could do similar. 

Killie/St Johnstone shoot out for bottom spot?

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Loving the early season confidence of the Livi fans! Can’t possibly see it backfiring…

We've been in far worse positions, Holt's season where he resigned and even last season threatened a lot more than what we've got now. Overall this squad is a lot stronger than any we've had in the Premiership. 

Still a long way to go though, January could come and Nouble/Fitzwater/Anderson could go and we're sat worrying a bit. Last season Martindale came out with the 'this squad won't get relegated comment' which raised a few eyebrows in here but he was spot on. If we lose Martindale then we're fucked :D