The Big Relegation Thread

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
I’m putting by neck on the line and predict that Dundee will pull off a Real Madrid like come back and the Fermers will end up bottom.

Pigs will fly first.

In a perfect world. 

Has Hibs utter ineptitude breathed a bit of life back into the 11th/12th place fight?
Are Aberdeen in any way capable of wining by 2 or 3 clear goals tonight to make it an interesting last day on Saturday? My gut (and the Dons being shite) tells me no but given how weird this season has been I guess there’s always a small chance we could be looking at a 3 point gap with a couple of goals in it going into the last day.
That’d be exciting…until St Johnstone also beat Hibs easily.

What 

Not sure if this was a ‘what’ of shock, denial or anger, but it’s good to see you’re working through the 5 stages of grief in any case. You’ll get to acceptance soon.

Has Hibs utter ineptitude breathed a bit of life back into the 11th/12th place fight?
Are Aberdeen in any way capable of wining by 2 or 3 clear goals tonight to make it an interesting last day on Saturday? My gut (and the Dons being shite) tells me no but given how weird this season has been I guess there’s always a small chance we could be looking at a 3 point gap with a couple of goals in it going into the last day.
That’d be exciting…until St Johnstone also beat Hibs easily.

They wouldn’t need to win by more than one goal for it to be interesting going into Saturday.
A one goal win for the Dons puts the Saintees on -25 and The Dee are on -29. A four goal swing would then be needed.
St Johnstone 0-1 Aberdeen
Hibs 2-0 Saintees
Livi 0-2 Dundee
Those three results relegate St J on goals scored, and don’t look too unrealistic. In saying that, it surely won’t happen. The Snoozefest Saintees will surely sclaff a 0-0 from somewhere against two half arsed opponents.

18 minutes ago, dezz said:

Not sure if this was a ‘what’ of shock, denial or anger, but it’s good to see you’re working through the 5 stages of grief in any case. You’ll get to acceptance soon.

confused laura dern GIF by EditingAndLayout

12 minutes ago, Lex said:

They wouldn’t need to win by more than one goal for it to be interesting going into Saturday.
A one goal win for the Dons puts the Saintees on -25 and The Dee are on -29. A four goal swing would then be needed.
St Johnstone 0-1 Aberdeen
Hibs 2-0 Saintees
Livi 0-2 Dundee
Those three results relegate St J on goals scored, and don’t look too unrealistic. In saying that, it surely won’t happen. The Snoozefest Saintees will surely sclaff a 0-0 from somewhere against two half arsed opponents.

If they can't beat that Hibs side then they deserve every bit of bad karma that would have to take place for that to happen.

24 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If they can't beat that Hibs side then they deserve every bit of bad karma that would have to take place for that to happen.

We played them like a month ago and sat in for a draw, don't think we managed a shot on target.

Sounds like we'll be playing players that won't be with us next season against Dundee (a lot of fringe). Could get interesting if St. Johnstone don't do the business tonight.

This is as bad as we’ve been since relegation under Butcher. Thank f**k Martin Boyle stayed until January.

St Johnstone will get at least a draw on Sunday. 

I feel that St Johnstone will take something from this game tonight to make it over with. Playing teams with nothing to play for will help. Shame they never scheduled the Dundee v St Johnstone game as the last one as it was always likely to be the most pivotal. 

A one goal defeat for the Saintees tonight and a four goal swing required on the final day, a two goal defeat tonight and a three goal swing is required. If Aberdeen win by three or more goals goal difference is no longer relevant going into the final day, any Dundee win coupled with any St Johnstone loss would put the Saintees in 12th.

0-0 it is.

18 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Does relegation by means of the Playoffs not count? 

Not if we blame the SPFL/SFA and just call it a demotion