The Big Relegation Thread

35 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I  certainly don’t take it personally.  It’s quite common for supporters of wee diddy clubs not to like us.

:lol:  There's literally nothing that Dundee Utd are bigger than Hibernian in.

We actually created you also.

Bow to the master.

KTH0wTS7GaWq%2BdmddU8=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You have a very distorted sense of history.

Prove me wrong then. 

You support Dundee Hibernian.  We made you, more successful and the bigger club.

That's facts mate.  

You don't even support the biggest club in the street. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

42 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Prove me wrong then. 

You support Dundee Hibernian.  We made you, more successful and the bigger club.

That's facts mate.  

You don't even support the biggest club in the street. 

You think the term Hibernian didn’t exist until the formation of the club you support?  Jings!

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You think the term Hibernian didn’t exist until the formation of the club you support?  Jings!

Of course I know what it means.

I also know we created you boys.  No idea how you ended up wearing orange mind you.  

Last 5 matches form guide:

st Mirren 11

St Johnstone 8

Dundee United 8

Livingston 8

Ross County 6

Dundee 5

Hibs 4

Hearts 4

Aberdeen 3

Motherwell 2 

The race for top 6 is going to be desperate. In the slight chance Dundee and Saints get our acts together, anyone could get dragged into the shite.

After all the recent praise, can see St. Mirren get sucked into relegation battle if they hire badly. Livingston too. That play off place will be close. Dundee down, of course. Think Ross Co have enough quality to stay up. Motherwell too physical & dirty a team to get relegated, very poor watch though! Wonder who will end up in play off place...

5 hours ago, Yorick said:

After all the recent praise, can see St. Mirren get sucked into relegation battle if they hire badly. Livingston too. That play off place will be close. Dundee down, of course. Think Ross Co have enough quality to stay up. Motherwell too physical & dirty a team to get relegated, very poor watch though! Wonder who will end up in play off place...

You do realise that if Rangers take 4 off you today, we'll be above you? Failing that ,if we win our game in hand on Wednesday, we have a chance of going 4th. 

If i were you, I'd be more concerned about your own team's chances of being dragged into a relegation battle. 

6 hours ago, Yorick said:

After all the recent praise, can see St. Mirren get sucked into relegation battle if they hire badly. Livingston too. That play off place will be close. Dundee down, of course. Think Ross Co have enough quality to stay up. Motherwell too physical & dirty a team to get relegated, very poor watch though!

At this very moment, there is over 30 points to play for, and while you'd have to factor in the split which falsely insulates clubs in the top 6, technically Dundee could still qualify for Europe if they win all their games. In practice that's obviously nonsense, no team will do that, and other results won't all go your way, but I mention it to say that we are far to early into the season to say certain clubs won't get relegated.

For me, barring a complete collapse, like Hibs or Killie, I can't see past the current bottom three, but there isn't that much of a gap.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

At this very moment, there is over 30 points to play for, and while you'd have to factor in the split which falsely insulates clubs in the top 6, technically Dundee could still qualify for Europe if they win all their games. In practice that's obviously nonsense, no team will do that, and other results won't all go your way, but I mention it to say that we are far to early into the season to say certain clubs won't get relegated.

For me, barring a complete collapse, like Hibs or Killie, I can't see past the current bottom three, but there isn't that much of a gap.

That's why I was happy with yesterday's result at Livi, coming back from a goal down and hanging on for a point after Dunne was sent off - I'm a lot less worried about post-JG run of poor form now.

6 hours ago, Yorick said:

Can see Utd finishing below both of us tbh.

18 minutes ago, btb said:

That's why I was happy with yesterday's result at Livi, coming back from a goal down and hanging on for a point after Dunne was sent off - I'm a lot less worried about post-JG run of poor form now.

I think it settled nerves, both of the fans and possibly in the board room. It's probably helped by Goodwin only managing a draw in his first game, if he hadn't and we had lost this game against Livi, we'd have dropped to 9th while Aberdeen rocked into the top 6. I feel the knives would be out from some, if that's what transpired.

We've not been in control of this situation, it was led by Aberdeen and Goodwin, yesterday on the pitch was the first time the team could show a response and while it was quite flaky at times, considering the circumstances and the fact we fought back, I'm "happy enough" with the result.

5 hours ago, btb said:

I'd like to think even if we hire badly, we have the players capable of competing most games in this league. It could destroy our chances of a decent finish but it would take a hell of a lot of bad performances and results to be in danger of relegation. Still possible though.

St Mirren would have to hire a Daniel Stendel-like figure, someone who rips everything up and tries to implement his own shit blueprint, to be knocked from their current trajectory. They are defensively very solid, keep possession well in midfield and have excellent attacking players albeit it less so at centre forward. They'll likely be top 6.