The Big Relegation Thread

10 minutes ago, Lex said:

Tenth is still just about reachable for the Saintees, but they need one of the pack to ‘do a Kilmarnock’ and start tanking. Can’t really see a side who looks likely to do that tbh. 

I think United or Hibs are most likely, as Livi/St Mirren/County are all competent sides with competent managers.

We've left it too late to pick up form, so its 11th at best. Feeling more confident now we're showing some form of grit though, and we might have players like Rooney back for the Play-Offs.

Slightly O/T, but are Postecoglou and Alexander the only two managers who you wouldn't currently consider under pressure at the very least?

Goodwin is not under pressure. Is Neilson? I know hearts fans are a bit mental but surely not that mental.

On 02/02/2022 at 22:46, elvis said:

I'm thinking St Mirren are in the shit big time absolutely diabolical  at home now no one to score goals not that Brophy was prolific in the first place think it's going to be another few weeks again without a win and that includes Kelty in the cup.

How's that working out you fucking melt?

There’s three leagues within 12. The three teams at the top are a level above, and the two teams at the bottom are a level below.
There’s really nothing between Motherwell in 4th and County in 10th, and the order in which those seven teams finish is anyones guess.
Livi, St Mirren, Well and County fans are happy enough with this mid table obscurity.
Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen fans aren’t, and no wonder given their big budgets and innovative laptop managers. It would be a surprise to no one if the three them ended up in the bottom six post split. Would be a good laugh though.

Struck me as fucking mental that Hibs got rid of Jack Ross. I know that I'll always look at him with St Mirren tinted glasses as a former player and manager, but realistically what were Hibs thinking?

A couple of against form wins and the bottom of the table could look very different. Malky Mackay has proved that by turning County into a free flowing attack minded goal machine who fear nothing. They're only looking upwards now.

Can't see Dundee making any great leaps up the table, but 11th is still very much up for grabs, IMHO. 

18 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Struck me as fucking mental that Hibs got rid of Jack Ross. I know that I'll always look at him with St Mirren tinted glasses as a former player and manager, but realistically what were Hibs thinking?

As hilarious as it would be, Hibs won't be in any danger.

Ross' card was marked after losing to us in both Cups last season, I suspect, and he was unlikely to ever recover from it.

19 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Slightly O/T, but are Postecoglou and Alexander the only two managers who you wouldn't currently consider under pressure at the very least?

McPake has carte blanche, nobody could be less under pressure tbh.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

He is a hopeless manager, was a one trick pony tactically, had no plan B and the football was eye bleeding.

Apart from that, you are right - fucking mental we got rid.