The Big Relegation Thread

Dykes and Dobbie scenario, Dobbie wasn't nearly as prolific after Dykes left. Nouble will get us up the pitch for the likes of Anderson, Forrest, Pittman and Bailey to score, we've been desperately needing someone to do that this season.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Honestly the way he's being talked up it's very likely. Just nice to be really hyped about a player for once though, as long as he's a more competent Dolly Menga then we'll be fine

Aye last time i got this excited about a player coming to Livi, was when we got Fernandez back on loan from Celtic the season we won the league cup. Trying to keep it down a couple of notches, not to put too much pressure on Nouble, but bursting to see him playing for us, think Anderson will really thrive playing alongside him too.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nouble was good against us in the cup, but never really threatened to score or create anything. All his work done out wide and it seemed relatively easy to stifle him by just playing narrow.

He'll do well holding the ball up and bringing others into it but I wouldn't be expecting him to bag more than a handful of goals at best over a top flight season.

To be fair, that's exactly the role we're bringing him in to do. Apparently he'll just be bringing us up the park and trying to lay it off for Anderson to finish. That's been Martindale's reasoning behind playing Shinnie up front, Anderson can't bring people into the game in the same way Shinnie does. Similarly struggles to get us up the park - both things seem to be Nouble's game. I can honestly see us using up at LW if we don't go to two up front

Ross County weakened by Hibs with Harry Clarke going.

St Mirren being weakened by Aberdeen with them looking to get McGrath on a PCA.

Dundee being weakened by James fucking McPake by having a look at the likes of Paul Watson.

Standard Dundee.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dundee being weakened by James fucking McPake by having a look at the likes of Paul Watson.

Standard Dundee.

Paul Watson, as in the lower league jobber who would clearly be out of his depth playing top flight football?   Surely not?  Keith Watson’s bad enough.  

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Standard Dundee.

McPake will be sacked soon.  It's all good. 

5 hours ago, Ric said:

In regard to Nouble, I went to check the top scorers in the division (image below is from the BBC) and he's not even in the "top ten".

aZapqtd.png

Obviously this doesn't tell the whole story and the fact McKenna has 12 in the same team while Nouble is on 4, suggests he is maybe not deployed as an out and out striker.

I will admit my ignorance here, I've never seen the lad play, so maybe I am missing something.

Oli Shaw sighting.

On Nouble goals and assists stats etc said this in the Arbroath thread. Fans of other clubs would back this up. He’s been on a different level but who knows it might not happen for him when he returns to Livi 

-

It’s not bold at all. Looks like a man playing against children most weeks. Not one other player I’d swap him for and we will miss him a lot.

He has a lot to improve on especially his finishing, but the amount of times he takes us up the park single handedly is ridiculous. Occupies whole defences never mind individual players.

We will be able to adapt and go back to what we done second half of last season but with Nouble in the team we’ve genuinely looked like a Celtic or Rangers v other teams in a good few games this season. Piling on pressure and creating chance after chance because of how quickly we can get up the park with him.

Might not have the individual goal and assist stats on paper to back it up but he’s a big reason as to why were top scorers in the league. Top 5 who are miles ahead of the bottom 5 and we’ve scored 33, after us it’s 30, 27, 26 and 24. 

Jack Hamilton didn’t really do too much at all in comparison to Nouble. He’d be a pain in the arse and we got a lot of second balls off him high up the pitch but other than that he was just a penalty box striker more or less. Just seemed to pop up with goals which is of course a very good thing. Nouble been on a whole different level entirely though.

I don’t know how it’s going to go for him but I really hope he does well. I don’t see why he can’t go on to a really good level and even get a very good move from Livi. 

On 03/01/2022 at 16:02, Ric said:

In regard to Nouble, I went to check the top scorers in the division (image below is from the BBC) and he's not even in the "top ten".

aZapqtd.png

Obviously this doesn't tell the whole story and the fact McKenna has 12 in the same team while Nouble is on 4, suggests he is maybe not deployed as an out and out striker.

I will admit my ignorance here, I've never seen the lad play, so maybe I am missing something.

McKenna is their main striker.  Nouble just uses his size and strengh well.

RCC is our top scorer this season so I don't think it's fair to say he's not much trouble. I agree when Hungbo plays it helps however.

We are fucked defensively without Clarke. A back 4 or Randall Baldwin Iacovitti Vokins is going to concede heavily. We have goal scorers in the team everywhere apart from up front so a good striker could see us to safety along with a competent partner for Baldwin at the back.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Big results for us, County and Livi tonight. Bit of daylight forming, for now, at least.

Its been clear for a while its between us and Dundee tbh, I've genuinely no idea why other fans have been worried at all.