The Big Relegation Thread

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Ross County aren't going down either.  Racist c**t or not they have a gid manager. 

Will be either St Johnstone or Dundee

Nah. We’ll sign every caaaant under the sun in Jan and limp up to 10th. 

Thank you. 

11 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Ross County aren't going down either.  Racist c**t or not they have a gid manager. 

Will be either St Johnstone or Dundee. 

There's no 'or not' about it. 

And it could well be and, not or.  Not sure about the Dees but I'd not be confident of Saints winning a playoff.

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

There's no 'or not' about it. 

And it could well be and, not or.  Not sure about the Dees but I'd not be confident of Saints winning a playoff.

The only issue is the championship is the worst it has been in ages. Who would you be worried about playing? 

14 minutes ago, Girth said:

The only issue is the championship is the worst it has been in ages. Who would you be worried about playing? 

Raith, ICT and Abroath would all beat us just now over 2 legs.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Arbroath took us to penalties in the cup, and we were a better team then. Suspect Killie will pick up form. ICT seem well managed. 

Would be less worried about Raith over two legs but if they turn up they could be a handful. Below that I agree there's hopefully not much to worry about. 

The only Championship football I've seen this year has been the odd Friday night BBC game (and Arbroath away) but I reckon that there's a decent chance of 2 club coming up this year, based on what I've seen. 

LookHow you got to the playoffs is as big a sign of your chances than how strong each league is perceived to be. When St Mirren stayed up we were probably underdogs in the playoff, against a Dundee United team that had better players than us, but we'd fought our way into the playoffs having looked like a very good bet for automatic relegation all season, whereas Dundee United were probably very dissapointed to be there having failed to make a real fist of automatic promotion. Killie and Thistle both came up against Dundee and Livi teams who had really flown into the playoffs and were in their best form of the season at that point.

The play offs are always a gamble but they are basically a cup final.

When we were in the play offs I honestly thought we were done, but the team that had put us in that position pulled through and the rest of it is history.

January will be very important for all teams batting in the relegation places but all it takes is a good few games and results to go your way and the tide starts to shift.

30 minutes ago, GAD said:

Killie and Thistle both came up against Dundee and Livi teams who had really flown into the playoffs and were in their best form of the season at that point.

Don't think that's true for us, we were fairly consistent throughout the season.

We got lucky relatively coming up against a team we scared and a team with zero fight. 

All teams in the top 5 will fancy their chances against a Premiership team at the moment, imo. Arbroath's chances will depend on their transfer business.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

31 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Don't think that's true for us, we were fairly consistent throughout the season.

We got lucky relatively coming up against a team we scared and a team with zero fight. 

All teams in the top 5 will fancy their chances against a Premiership team at the moment, imo. Arbroath's chances will depend on their transfer business.

Fair enough, I remembered Livi having a strong end to the season, arguably being the best team in the league, formwise at least, by the end, but never really troubling St Mirren for top spot who had wrapped it up with a few weeks to go.

39 minutes ago, GAD said:

Fair enough, I remembered Livi having a strong end to the season, arguably being the best team in the league, formwise at least, by the end, but never really troubling St Mirren for top spot who had wrapped it up with a few weeks to go.

I was looking through the fixtures earlier and there really isn't an obvious period where we shat the bed, St. Mirren just a better, slightly more consistent team over the season. 

There was only really one or two weeks where we could have gone top, one of those being where you beat us at home for the first time in ages.

20 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Yeah and we foolishly played Hardie in the final league game against Utd, the team we'd play in the play offs too, when it was a nothing game for us, and he got injured (what a surprise), but thankfully our solid defence meant we could shithouse our way through the play offs, with goals coming from other areas.

Looks like Arbroath will be getting Hamilton from us, so that should help them a bit losing Nouble, although not the player Nouble is, he'll score more goals for them.