The Big Relegation Thread

A 5 point gap between United in 7th & Livi in 8th - you would think it would take some serious work by United to fight their way down into either of the play-off (9 pts) or relegation (11 pts) spots. That leaves 5 teams from Livi to the Fakes in contention for the drop. I still feel the Fakes will come good in the second half but there will be no place for the faint-hearted in any of the bottom5 teams form here on, unfortuntely even with a 5 pt advantage I still reckon they'll finish above us.

24 minutes ago, btb said:

A 5 point gap between United in 7th & Livi in 8th - you would think it would take some serious work by United to fight their way down into either of the play-off (9 pts) or relegation (11 pts) spots. That leaves 5 teams from Livi to the Fakes in contention for the drop. I still feel the Fakes will come good in the second half but there will be no place for the faint-hearted in any of the bottom5 teams form here on, unfortuntely even with a 5 pt advantage I still reckon they'll finish above us.

Who’s the Fakes 🤷🏼‍♂️

40 minutes ago, btb said:

A 5 point gap between United in 7th & Livi in 8th - you would think it would take some serious work by United to fight their way down into either of the play-off (9 pts) or relegation (11 pts) spots.

United have lost their last 5 and have gained just 5 points from the previous possible 30, they have been atrocious as of late. Getting Watt in for the 2nd half of the season would be good for them, and I'm sure he wouldn't just be the only addition. Four of their next 5 league games are against relegation candidates, so the opportunities to either steer well clear or be dragged right in is still very much there.

Livi finally falter in December, is that their first loss in this month since they came back up. Like all other teams, January window will be vital. Nouble has earned rave reviews in the Championship, so Livi fans will be expecting him to make a big impact. We beat them in the next game, we're just one point behind them.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

United have lost their last 5 and have gained just 2 points from the previous possible 30, they have been atrocious as of late. Getting Watt in for the 2nd half of the season would be good for them, and I'm sure he wouldn't just be the only addition. Four of their next 5 league games are against relegation candidates, so the opportunities to either steer well clear or be dragged right in is still very much there.

Livi finally falter in December, is that their first loss in this month since they came back up. Like all other teams, January window will be vital. Nouble has earned rave reviews in the Championship, so Livi fans will be expecting him to make a big impact. We beat them in the next game, we're just one point behind them.

That's going to be a massive game. Hopefully we actually allow all fans into the game as it could be a great game

12 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

United have lost their last 5 and have gained just 5 points from the previous possible 30, they have been atrocious as of late. Getting Watt in for the 2nd half of the season would be good for them, and I'm sure he wouldn't just be the only addition. Four of their next 5 league games are against relegation candidates, so the opportunities to either steer well clear or be dragged right in is still very much there.

I thought United played over their heads the first 3 months of the season, so it's about time they started dropping back down, and I think that will continue. But their good run through Halloween likely already keeps them from any chance of being in the relegation race unless they have one of the worst final 5 months imaginable.

I think anyone from St Johnstone to Livi can still go down. I think United can be dragged down into the mix to get a scare but think they have enough points on the board for the amount of teams scrapping to overtake. I mean St Johnstone doubling their points tally only takes them 3 above United and there's another 4 teams in between.

The rest though? January is massive.

On 26/12/2021 at 16:56, btb said:

Kimmy Schmidt Good Luck GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

If you look at the form guide below it illustrates how pish each team actually is. It only takes a couple of wins to make a team look like Real Madrid in comparison to the others.

For the moment writing off Hibs as relegation contenders ,as they seem to have the "new manager" bounce going on.

For us there are certainly a few games that we should have won, but, as usual, we couldn't score in a barrel of fannies. However, we didn't win, hence the reason we are where we are.

image.png.0ee43c69a862bb20128df5cbede60b90.png

Edited by FTOF