The Big Relegation Thread

29 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

But other than that everything is rosy.

Hope the Dees can dig themselves out of this (although not starting on Boxing Day, obviously).

I wrote all of that before discovering that our LB was ruled out for the Hearts game and that Cummings showed up 'unfit to train' and sent home, and I never even mentioned that Charlie Adam chose this week to test out his vehicle's off road capabilities... without much success it would seem. 

You dinnae have to worry about the 3 points this next weekend. We can't score without Adam and we also basically are now scoring what amounts to at least one own goal per game.

Edited by CanadianDee

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Points per game could start looking like a potential outcome. Wonder how Hearts would vote on that one this time around if St Mirren/Dundee would happen to be bottom :D 

It would depend how many games there were to go

The ideal time to cancel the league season and relegate the bottom placed club was at any point prior to 19:45 this evening. They've fucked it, but I'll settle for the same outcome now provided they also cancel the Promotion/relegation playoffs. 

Who is in 11th right now anyway? I haven't looked at the table in weeks. :whistle

They'd be doing everyone a favour by just ending it now and relegating us tbh.

Feel sorry for other clubs fans having to watch us try and drag their sides down to our level every week.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Celtic barely beating County and drawing with St Mirren is a pisser simply because I know Kyogo and Jota will be fit and fucking raring to go when we next face them.

St Johnstone to go and fucking beat those useless chuds next imo.

St J to put them out their misery imo. True. 

What a state the Saintees have got themselves into. In October it looked like a clear three way fight between Dundee, Livi and County.
In the two months since they’ve not only managed to get themselves involved in it, they’ve managed to get themselves two points adrift at the bottom of the league.
Their 2021 was one of the best calendar years ever by a Scottish club, and yet they will surely finish it at the foot of the table. Right decision not to award them team of the year at the BBC awards IMO. Celtic next for them on Boxing Day, what trouble they’re in. They can’t sack Davidson, can they?
Above them it’s anyone you like from Saints, County, Livi and Dundee. Plenty of fragility and promise in all those teams, but surely at least one of them is going to finish in the bottom two.

It's between us, Livi and Dundee. St Mirren and County too good.

Livi are doing what they do and picking up points every so often. 

I think we're down, barring an incredible transformation in January

So long as County keep Hungbo to pair with RCC, they've not got anything to fear imo.

Curious to see how losing a chunk of their coaching staff affects Livi, and how the sudden winter break ruins their annual improvement in form (if it does... hopefully).

Very impressive point for St Mirren, but they'll have to do it again at Ibrox, though United showed it's certainly possible.

While we were destined for 11th tonight, it could've went better. Sunday a free hit and hopefully we recruit well like we have done of late in January.

St Johnstone... thank you for being more shite than us so far, I pray it continues. Davidson really needs to fix the team ASAP, so we'll see how big a backing he gets.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Davidson really needs to fix the team ASAP, so we'll see how big a backing he gets.

Struggling to believe it matters who comes in playing wise tbh. We scored 9 home goals last season with this shape, and it's now been figured out by the league, yet the manager refuses to adapt.

20 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Curious to see how losing a chunk of their coaching staff affects Livi, and how the sudden winter break ruins their annual improvement in form (if it does... hopefully).

To be fair it could do us some good, there's been a few complaints this season about an inexperienced backroom staff doing more harm than good. Imrie had limited coaching duties and it's the youth academy he's kinda fucked by leaving a few weeks before it kicks off.

Bartley by all accounts is good to have there but we're massively lacking experience in that assistant manager's spot. If we recruit well, which we tend to do, we'll be fine. Apparently we're rumoured to be brining Iain Russell in as a coach so expect us to become utter diving wee p***ks in the second half of the season :D 

If anything the January window will be big. We're getting the (according to quite a few fans of teams down there) the best player in the Championship in, in the form of Nouble. Few more signings and we should be okay if they're of decent quality. It looks like we've turned a corner the last few weeks.

47 minutes ago, Lex said:

What a state the Saintees have got themselves into. In October it looked like a clear three way fight between Dundee, Livi and County.

I'd say St Mirren are as likely to go down as we are now. Anyone from Aberdeen/Hibs down is hovering the trapdoor. Even Hibs/Aberdeen could be down there if either manager starts to shit the bed. 

Quite a few teams have managed to tighten the race up one way or another compared to October

Edited by ATLIS

Livi are safe imo. I don't think Martindale is a particularly outstanding manager tbh but he's competent enough to consistently pick up points here and there that will keep them between 7th and 10th. St Mirren and County both look too good performance wise to go down but both have a soft streak that could see them dragged into it. Dundee and St Johnstone will be 2 of the bottom 3 unless something drastic happens.