The Big Relegation Thread

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

County are too good for this relegation shite, it'll be a straight shoot between us and the fermers for the glory of finishing 11th.

Enjoy the play off.

18 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

County are too good for this relegation shite, it'll be a straight shoot between us and the fermers for the glory of finishing 11th.

I've just checked out the current standings in the league. Had a "that's not right" moment when seeing that only The Rangers, Celtic and Hearts have scored more league goals than County this season. (That's balanced by only Dundee having let in more at the other end).

Meanwhile - unlikely as it seems, only The Rangers, Celtic and Hearts have better defensive records than St J. (That's balanced by no-one coming close to having a worse gaols-for).

Places 11 & 12 will still be up for grabs come Easter, however doomed you may feel now.

image.png.a98982e18ef43efde3de7f8222c81d41.png 

On 11/12/2021 at 11:12, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, nobody else needs to worry about 12th, I think we've got that all sewn up just now.

3 shots on target inside the area in the past 5 games, and I don't think a single one has actually worked a keeper.

You're laying it on pretty thick these days Random.

Have you looked at the state of Dundee? We're a championship team moved up a level. Our manager thought they all deserved a shot a premiership football for getting promoted. The only reason we escaped the championship was because Charlie Adam dragged us over the line, he is hurt again. 

We started the season with the smallest squad in the league, and that team is now decimated by injury and suspension. We've got two central defenders available at the moment - Liam Fontaine, and a loanee from Luton Town that McPake pretends doesn't exist. I think our manager would rather register himself and play this weekend than let this fella play. We give up two goals a game with our preferred defence let alone whatever we're going to be running with from now until the winter break.

Ross County have score 8 (EIGHT!) goals against us in twa games. James McPake is our manager.

First time I have dipped my toe in here St Mirren fan. Saints will be  contenders  for me sadly.  Goodwin has a good squad but playing three at the back with wing backs forward we are exposed that's our down fall. If Goodwin does not change tactics we are down. Love Goodwin want him to go on to better things but wake up for fu-ck sake. 

Yes. It was literally the last game I watched. 

But we can’t score so how do we win games.
We were unlucky against you with the hand ball but it would not had the same effect had we been able to put the ball in the net.
These things happen so no hard feelings.

3 minutes ago, akuram said:

But we can’t score so how do we win games.
We were unlucky against you with the hand ball but it would not had the same effect had we been able to put the ball in the net.
These things happen so no hard feelings.

The lack of goals is obviously a concern but you’re solid defensively and I think that goes a long way to getting the points you need. 

The lack of goals is why this season will be a kick in the balls after last season but not why you’ll get relegated, imo. 

We played decent considering the circumstances, pretty mad that the game finished to a conclusion given how foggy it was.

Spoiler

IMG_20211218_164133.thumb.jpg.40a7aa6332016da63abf909d30577529.jpg

4 straight defeats and we're still 10th somehow. Some laugh, here's hoping we can eke out a draw at Pittodrie next week.

13 hours ago, ATLIS said:

This is the best season of TBRT I've seen in a while. 4 or 5 team's fans fighting over who's going down and who's worse than the others :D 

We played utterly shite again today and it could all fall apart at any time too. 

The split has a chance to be absolutely fascinating. 

On 16/12/2021 at 17:18, CanadianDee said:

You're laying it on pretty thick these days Random.

Have you looked at the state of Dundee? We're a championship team moved up a level. Our manager thought they all deserved a shot a premiership football for getting promoted. The only reason we escaped the championship was because Charlie Adam dragged us over the line, he is hurt again. 

We started the season with the smallest squad in the league, and that team is now decimated by injury and suspension. We've got two central defenders available at the moment - Liam Fontaine, and a loanee from Luton Town that McPake pretends doesn't exist. I think our manager would rather register himself and play this weekend than let this fella play. We give up two goals a game with our preferred defence let alone whatever we're going to be running with from now until the winter break.

Ross County have score 8 (EIGHT!) goals against us in twa games. James McPake is our manager.

But other than that everything is rosy.

Hope the Dees can dig themselves out of this (although not starting on Boxing Day, obviously).