The Big Relegation Thread

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

We are worse than the Accies side of last season.

I'm not sure I would go that far, but from what I saw yesterday, the problems are obvious. A manager the fans don't want, signing a combination of loan players and journeymen from the English lower leagues, and a lack of on field leadership. 

Signing a "striker" with 10 goals in 150 career appearances sums it up. It was like us signing Arquin, Marwood, Dury, Plummer etc in 2014 / 15 - that was only ever going to end one way.

Thing is, I thought old Roy had deep pockets? I expected him to invest more to keep you safe.

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
9 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
Looking forward to seeing which loophole Aberdeen use to stay up this season. Might be tricky to shaft Falkirk as well, but hopefully they find a way.

Falkirk will manage to get shafted all by themselves.

Yup. No interference required thank you all so very much indeed.

It may have seemed ridiculous at the time, but with hindsight, that (in?)famous pitch invasion by Dons fans after their late winner at Livingston in August makes perfect sense.
If that game had finished a draw they’d be below Livi now and level on points with Dundee.
Their fans must have realised on some level what a huge three points that was in the relegation battle.

I'm not sure I would go that far, but from what I saw yesterday, the problems are obvious. A manager the fans don't want, signing a combination of loan players and journeymen from the English lower leagues, and a lack of on field leadership. 
Signing a "striker" with 10 goals in 150 career appearances sums it up. It was like us signing Arquin, Marwood, Dury, Plummer etc in 2014 / 15 - that was only ever going to end one way.
Thing is, I thought old Roy had deep pockets? I expected him to invest more to keep you safe.

This is certainly the most disconnected the fans have been from the club in a long time. Easy seeing that by attendances at games. It’s not even November but speaking to people around me at the game yesterday it just seems like there’s very little interest. Can only see that interest decreasing the longer Malky is in the job.

In terms of Malky, his signings have been awful. Harry Clarke looks the only capable one, whilst Hungbo has shown signs of promise. Everyone else is an imposter really. Unfortunately, it does seem as though Roy is bought into this “process” pish and I cannot see him sacking Malky any time soon.

58 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

This is certainly the most disconnected the fans have been from the club in a long time. 

I’d go a step further and say the most disconnected ever. Every season has had some level of enthusiasm except this one really , take me back to 2012!

Guy usually gets pretty close, but I think its still too early to be sure yet, maybe best to wait until 22 games when everyones played home/away.

Suggests underlying numbers aren't in Countys favour, alongside the actual results, which doesn't bode well for them, and maybe suggests 38/40 is the points target to aim for? 

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Guy usually gets pretty close, but I think its still too early to be sure yet, maybe best to wait until 22 games when everyones played home/away.

Suggests underlying numbers aren't in Countys favour, alongside the actual results, which doesn't bode well for them, and maybe suggests 38/40 is the points target to aim for? 

Christ, finishing 7th sounds amazing right now.

I think it will be Ross Downty unless they bin Malky soon.

Although I’ve got visions of the season we beat Rangers 6-1 in the playoff, when County were so far behind at Christmas before buying a whole new team in the January window and going on an incredible run.

Although I’ve got visions of the season we beat Rangers 6-1 in the playoff, when County were so far behind at Christmas before buying a whole new team in the January window and going on an incredible run.

It’s a thought I had too, but the chairman seems determined to keep Malky in the job.

52 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Apparently MacGregor has reined in the wage bill this season but that’s probably just to offset Mackay’s salary. He’ll be on a hefty wage imo. 

Nelms will do the same for Dundee if required - Uncle Roy's chequebook might not save them this year.

Big big match on Wednesday.

2 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

That's usually our gimmick these days tbh

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Apparently MacGregor has reined in the wage bill this season but that’s probably just to offset Mackay’s salary. He’ll be on a hefty wage imo. 

I dread to think what he's on, seeing as he was on mid six figures with the SFA.

12 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I dread to think what he's on, seeing as he was on mid six figures with the SFA.

I was thinking that. He’s obviously taken a pay cut to join County but he’ll still be on a fortune. 

Livi the big winners this weekend. Bottom three looked isolated a few weeks ago.
Out of nowhere Livi win a couple and now the Saintees are in 10th, nervously checking the rear view mirror.
County’s next two games are Dundee and Hibs. Surely Malky can’t survive the international break if he starts the season with 12 games without a win? Hard to see how any manager survives that.

5 hours ago, Lex said:

Livi the big winners this weekend. Bottom three looked isolated a few weeks ago.
Out of nowhere Livi win a couple and now the Saintees are in 10th, nervously checking the rear view mirror.
County’s next two games are Dundee and Hibs. Surely Malky can’t survive the international break if he starts the season with 12 games without a win? Hard to see how any manager survives that.

Tbf he seems to have survived being outed as a misogynistic racist so he might be ok yet.