The Big Relegation Thread

2 weeks ago killie looked in a fairly hopeless position with Accies and County having games in hand. They both lose last week, and only 1 point between them today along with Killie’s big win and it’s now all squashed together again.

Feel killie could kick on with a wee run now they’ve finally got the win under their belts and are getting goals, but you just don’t know what’s going to happen week to week down there.

Are Motherwell still in danger? Surely they’re too many points ahead for all 3 to overhaul them. 

5 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Good that with the split and 15 points still to play for, nobody is safe.

I mean technically that's true, but we all know that it isn't really the case.

If I was a betting man I'd happily lay money on neither us or United being anywhere near that fight.

Motherwell could get drawn into it,  but the sensible money has to be on the three currently in the 10th, 11th and 12th positions.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I mean technically that's true, but we all know that it isn't really the case.

If I was a betting man I'd happily lay money on neither us or United being anywhere near that fight.

Motherwell could get drawn into it,  but the sensible money has to be on the three currently in the 10th, 11th and 12th positions.

I know, I just like to cling on to the thought that the DAB's are not safe from relegation yet.

In fact thinking about it, although I'd need to do the maths, I've got a feeling neither us or United can be relegated as it would need Motherwell to win 2, County to win 3 and at least one draw and Killie to do the same with an extra draw to boot, all the while one of us would need to lose all our remaining games - and that's for one of us to end up in the play off spot let alone automatic relegation. I just don't think there are enough games/permutations left in order for that to happen.

Edited by Ric

5 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Definitely looks like any one/two from the current bottom 3.

I don't know who I would rather come down/meet in the play offs, 

A Hamilton side that have a great attitude and never give up.

A Kilmarnock side managed by Tommy Wright.

A County side.... well County obviously.

Edited by johnnydun

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

In fact thinking about it, although I'd need to do the maths, I've got a feeling neither us or United can be relegated as it would need Motherwell to win 2, County to win 3 and at least one draw and Killie to do the same with an extra draw to boot, all the while one of us would need to lose all our remaining games - and that's for one of us to end up in the play off spot let alone automatic relegation. I just don't think there are enough games/permutations left in order for that to happen.

So you're saying there's a chance?

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

I don't know who I would rather come down/meet in the play offs, 

A Hamilton side that have a great attitude and never give up.

A Kilmarnock side managed by Tommy Wright.

A Motherwell side who are clearly under achieving with the bigger bank balance.

Of the 3 sides in recent months,  Killie would currently look the best chance for any Championship side in the playoffs. This could change in the run in obviously,.

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

Of the 3 sides in recent months,  Killie would currently look the best chance for any Championship side in the playoffs. This could change in the run in obviously,.

Damn it! You got in before the edit!

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

So you're saying there's a chance?

If you want to do the maths, you go right ahead! I'm sure if either team were arithmetically safe someone would have said so by now, it's go to be a slim chance if it's one at all though. Not that I'd want to rob you of the fun of a full on collapse at Tannadice.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Damn it! You got in before the edit!

It's basically a 2 leg cup tie. Dundee have a decent squad, so if you get into the final it doesn't really matter who'll you face. I reckon it will be 50/50 against any of the bottom 3 or 4 Premiership teams currently. A toss of a coin.

4 minutes ago, Munoz said:

I reckon Kilmarnock will turn a corner and do ok under Wright in a play off/Championship scenario.

I think the best chance for other Championship clubs next season would be Ross County coming down.

Just now, Munoz said:

It's basically a 2 leg cup tie. Dundee have a decent squad, so if you get into the final it doesn't really matter who'll you face. I reckon it will be 50/50 against any of the bottom 3 or 4 Premiership teams currently. A toss of a coin.

Yeah we do have a decent squad but a completely tactically inept manager.

Kilmarnock have the opposite imo.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah we do have a decent squad but a completely tactically inept manager.

Kilmarnock have the opposite imo.

Yous played well enough last night. 

Definitely should be strong enough for 2nd place imo. 

I agree about your manager though- should be doing so much better.