The Big Relegation Thread

15 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

The chance for Motherwell to get revenge by relegating us on the last game of the season just doesn't bear thinking about. emoji1785.png

It wouldn't feel like a normal season without stomping through that underground carpark effort at NDP in a bad mood.

I'm not actually particularly keen to see any of the bottom 3 go down TBH - but it feels like we do worse against Accies than the other 2.

2 hours ago, 18May1991 said:

We’ll just need to win the last game 8-0 to even things out. 
Sort of. 
Not at all, really.

🥺

As I noted to @ropy last week, (and not being disrespectful here) but if Well had done almost anything against Accies this season you'd be playing this last match for a spot in the top 6.

22 minutes ago, Swello said:

It wouldn't feel like a normal season without stomping through that underground carpark effort at NDP in a bad mood.

I'm not actually particularly keen to see any of the bottom 3 go down TBH - but it feels like we do worse against Accies than the other 2.

There are only 2 teams we haven't taken points off this season. Celtic and Accies...I mean fucking hell.

11 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m quite enjoying the uncertainty of the relegation battle. When’s the post split fixtures announced? Is it right that after this weekend there’s no league games until 17th Apr? 🤔

20th/21st March - Last games before the split

23rd March - Scottish Cup R2

27th/28th March - No Premiership games, international weekend

3rd/4th April - Scottish Cup R3

10th/11th April - Premiership R34

17th/18th April - Scottish Cup R4

20th/21st April - Premiership R35

24th/25th April - Scottish Cup QF

1st/2nd May - Premiership R36

8th/9th May - Scottish Cup SF

11th/12th May - Premiership R37

15th/16th May - Premiership R38

22nd May - Scottish Cup Final

Do the post split fixtures usually get announced the weekend after the last games (in this case the 27th of March)? Or have I completely made that up?

Edited by LiviLion

19 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

20th/21st March - Last games before the split

23rd March - Scottish Cup R2

27th/28th March - No Premiership games, international weekend

3rd/4th April - Scottish Cup R3

10th/11th April - Premiership R34

17th/18th April - Scottish Cup R4

20th/21st April - Premiership R35

24th/25th April - Scottish Cup QF

1st/2nd May - Premiership R36

8th/9th May - Scottish Cup SF

11th/12th May - Premiership R37

15th/16th May - Premiership R38

22nd May - Scottish Cup Final

Do the post split fixtures usually get announced the weekend after the last games (in this case the 27th of March)? Or have I completely made that up?

I thought they might get announced Monday 22nd. That’s would be most sensible in regards to giving time for Sky/BT etc to pick what games they want to show

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They can often take up to a week (maybe even more) to get announced due to clubs, TV companies and the police all having their say. It might be a bit quicker this year since there are less considerations needed for fans.

Aye, should be more straight forward this year as they're no panicking over a Rangers/Celtic title decider

The fixtures in the bottom six might need. a bit of work this year.

Its impossible to work it all out just now until St Mirren confirm their place or St Johnstone move into the top 6 for the first time all season on Saturday

As I posted in the Fixtures topic if its St Johnstone in the bottom six there will be a fixtures imbalance 

As I see it this is what would be required to give each team 19 home and 19 away game

• St Mirren 2 home 3 away
  • St Johnstone 3 home 2 away
  • Dundee United 2 home 3 away
  • Motherwell 3 home 2 away
  • Ross County 2 home 3 away
  • Hamilton 3 home 2 away
  • Kilmarnock 3 home 2 away

There are however some quirks as well as the balance of games, As far as I see Ross County are the only team that can play 19-19 and not have any 3 visits or hosts to the same team.

• Dundee United will need to make a third visit to two of Hamilton, Kilmarnock , Motherwell or Ross County
  • If it was St Mirren they would need to make third visit to two of Dundee United, Hamilton, Kilmarnock or Motherwell
  • If its St Johnstone they will need to make a third visit to one of Dundee United, Hamilton Kilmarnock or Motherwell (Our 4th this season as we played them away in the Betfred round of 16)
  • Kilmarnock have played at home to all the bottom six twice except Ross County and St Mirren should they fail to finish in the top six so one or  two teams will need a 3rd visit to Rugby Park

The priority in the bottom six needs to be to make sure the Ross County, Hamilton and Kilmarnock fixtures balance out so 19-19 each team

I would therefore expect Ross County to play away to Kilmarnock , Dundee United and Motherwell and at home to Hamilton and either Saint 

Hamilton would then play at home to Kilmarnock and Motherwell and one other with away games at 2 of either Saint, Ross County and Dundee United

Kilmarnock would have a home game Ross County and two of the others with the remaining games being away.

Edited by realmadrid

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Whoever finishes in the playoff spot will stay up easily.

The Championship is muck. 

The quality gets worse every year.