The Big Relegation Thread

22 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Heart says yeah but head disagrees. It would be even sweeter if it happened because at 3 up we got the softest penalty award you could get. 

Remember if you hear a sound you can claim from anywhere in the stadium

Livi vs Accies and County vs Hibs are this weekend’s games.

I fancy this might be one of the games Hamilton get a result given Livi’s poor form. 2-1 Accies.

Hibs seem to be better away from home and I think they’ll win by 2.

41 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Like their last away game?

Hibs are easy to play against, they give you plenty space, mostly because they think they can play a bit. Couple that with having two complete haddies as centre backs and no plan b then it's not hard to get a result.

Like their last away game?
Hibs are easy to play against, they give you plenty space, mostly because they think they can play a bit. Couple that with having two complete haddies as centre backs and no plan b then it's not hard to get a result.

St Johnstone are a horrible team to play against so I wasn’t surprised you beat them. Ross County are more open and I think Hibs will exploit County’s weaknesses.

57 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I fancy this might be one of the games Hamilton get a result given Livi’s poor form. 2-1 Accies.

We are normally the team that give a team on a bad run an easy result to turn things round so can see Livi winning this one.

Hibs will be okay if County's pitch is like a bowling green.

It's probably worth saying that unlike 2010, or to a lesser extent 2016, if we do go down it's probably not going to put the future of the club in danger. It would obviously be a massive blow and one we'd likely take a few years to come back from, but there's not the same existential threat.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's probably worth saying that unlike 2010, or to a lesser extent 2016, if we do go down it's probably not going to put the future of the club in danger. It would obviously be a massive blow and one we'd likely take a few years to come back from, but there's not the same existential threat.

The coverage on the BBC in the run up to the 2010 game was disgusting.

Utterly focused on Killie's financial travails and all but pleading that Falkirk get relegated to save them from the hardships they would face. Not a care that we would face the exact same hardships, as became clear before too long.

God, I loathe George Craig for what he did to us. Like really, really loathe him.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The coverage on the BBC in the run up to the 2010 game was disgusting.

Utterly focused on Killie's financial travails and all but pleading that Falkirk get relegated to save them from the hardships they would face. Not a care that we would face the exact same hardships, as became clear before too long.

God, I loathe George Craig for what he did to us. Like really, really loathe him.

Blaming George Craig for what we have become isn't fair. Falkirk are a yo-yo club so we always have to anticipate that we'll go down at some point when we're in the top tier. The complete mismanagement since we have been relegated from the SPL is why Falkirk are a complete shambles of a club now. That's got nothing to do with George Craig. 

8 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Blaming George Craig for what we have become isn't fair. Falkirk are a yo-yo club so we always have to anticipate that we'll go down at some point when we're in the top tier. The complete mismanagement since we have been relegated from the SPL is why Falkirk are a complete shambles of a club now. That's got nothing to do with George Craig. 

He started it.

There has been a revolving cast of incompetents since, but he was beyond them all (until ML/CC).