The Big Relegation Thread

I genuinly thought Celtic would over come them tonight

I watched them against Killie and they had a good ten fifteenth minutes were they played of the cuff and put something together and there quality told in the end

All that quality in first 11 and some some big names on the bench that they paid money for could have come on and turned it in there favour 

Tonight though Ross County never allowed it and they defended everything really well and keeper had a good game

And Celtic lost there standard goal from a set play

It just shows what a small team can to with belief and organisation well done Yogi Hughes 

My Celtic mates laughed at me when I said him and Jim Goodwin should be part of the Celtic set up in back room team

I bet there not laughing now

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

1 minute ago, Lurkst said:

Unsurprising as they've both been in the top flight for a combined 64 years. 

Aye, much like how it would be surprising to see Aberdeen or Hamilton relegated, as they've been in the top flight for a combined 120 years.

35 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

My Celtic mates laughed at me when I said him and Jim Goodwin should be part of the Celtic set up in back room team

I bet there not laughing now

Why the f**k would Goodwin leave a Premiership club as manager to be a part of the Sellick "back room"?

I'm laughing at you.

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Why the f**k would Goodwin leave a Premiership club as manager to be a part of the Sellick "back room"?

I'm laughing at you.

To be the big man eventually is usually how it works ask Walter Smith he got Rangers job after Souness cos he was assistant 

Goodwin and Highes are Celtic daft if you think they wouldn't take that gig or head coach gig in a heart beat your the deluded one

Not even to.mention they will earn three or four times what they will be on at the wee teams

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

33 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Unsurprising as they've both been in the top flight for a combined 64 years. 

Both teams have been in the relegation play offs in the past 6-7 years, and killie have finished bottom six in 7 of the past 10 seasons.  It's quite surprising to see a team hover around the bottom half so much without eventually getting flushed.

There must be a generation of killie and Motherwell fans who have never seen their team play in the league below.  Surely there's a bit of a novelty appeal about a season or 10 in the championship to break the monotony of bottom six finishes, with trips to Cappielow, Somerset, Gayfield, Palmerston etc?

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Both teams have been in the relegation play offs in the past 6-7 years, and killie have finished bottom six in 7 of the past 10 seasons.  It's quite surprising to see a team hover around the bottom half so much without eventually getting flushed.

There must be a generation of killie and Motherwell fans who have never seen their team play in the league below.  Surely there's a bit of a novelty appeal about a season or 10 in the championship to break the monotony of bottom six finishes, with trips to Cappielow, Somerset, Gayfield, Palmerston etc?

I hate the 12 team league it's about time it should be expanded anyway

Its ridiculous teams like Hearts Dundee Dunfermline Morton Ayr Raith are doon there let's expand the league and get the derby games on again in this post covid armageddon 

1 minute ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Its ridiculous teams like Hearts Dundee Dunfermline Morton Ayr Raith are doon there let's expand the league and get the derby games on again in this post covid armageddon 

No

Good shout. Let's get Raith and Dunfermline in the Premiership so they can have a derby.

1 minute ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Its ridiculous teams like Hearts Dundee Dunfermline Morton Ayr Raith are doon there...

Well no, let's all be honest here, it's fucking hilarious Hearts "are doon", but an expanded league to include Raith, Ayr, Dunfermline.. hell even Morton, and, even Dundee at a push.

Let's not remind ourselves before being rightfully relegated, successful businesswoman Ann Budge was clamouring not only for the league to be reduced in size but for the number of clubs in Scotland to be reduced too.