The Big Relegation Thread

45 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

They've given us an additional 3 on top of the 6 as well. I think they're counting the win over Killie in midweek as a win in the fixture we're still to play against them.

How can we make this the official league?

8 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

In terms of quality the Premiership side should always have enough to see off the championship team and it shows given only us and Livi have managed to come up through the playoffs thus far.

However the only reason I slightly fear a play off  this season is the question of will the Premiership team be more tired as a result of actually having played a lot more games than the championship side this time? While usually if it ends up 2nd v 11th they will have played the same number of games. While if it’s 2nd v 11th this time they’ll have played 9 less games.

I don't think this would matter, as the extra games played were over 6 months previously. It comes to a point that playing 6 months worth of games to say playing 8 months worth of games becomes unnoticeable, it would effect players more dependant on the amount of games in say the 2 weeks pre play off.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Has to be one of the better relegation battles for a good few years. 

Indeed.  Saints and Utd are probably one win away from safety, with the fermers also nearly there(unfortunately).

St MIrren and United are out of it. St Johnstone not out of the woods yet, close though (a win against the 'well confirms it for me a draw probably the best result for the bottom 3 in that one).

A lot depends on whether Alexander can pick Motherwell back up and get them on a decent run again or if that is new manager bounce gone and they get sucked very much back in.

Anything could happen between Killie, Us and County. Hibs will probably bring us back down to earth on Saturday while Kilmarnock must be guaranteed at least a point on Aberdeens current form and Celtic should do the business against County but you never know with this Sellick team.

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah. I'd have been happy to declare safety if we'd won tonight, tbh. We're still basically there.

Injuries are mounting up for just now though. That was a weak bench tonight with no sign of anyone coming back. McAllister struggles with 1 full game a week never mind 2.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:
10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:
Yeah. I'd have been happy to declare safety if we'd won tonight, tbh. We're still basically there.

538 is saying less than 1% chance of a Maureen relegation. For comparison they give Sevco a 2% shot at winning the Europa League.

These kind of stats almost make Random Geek seem like a credible source. 

Our last 8 games are all against bottom six sides - that's what will make or break our season. Of course, we could in theory get something at Aberdeen on Saturday, but our record is somethign like 1 win in 300 games against them so I'm not exactly holding my breath.

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
14 minutes ago, Munoz said:
These kind of stats almost make Random Geek seem like a credible source. 

Then enjoy your glorious returns at the bookies, because it's pretty similar to what they do.

I prefer to lose my cash in my own special thought out way. Cheers though.