The Big Relegation Thread

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Did they really pay £350,000 for him?  That’s borderline criminal if so.  He’s as bad as anyone I’ve seen in the top flight.  While Zander Clark will throw a game in where it looks like he’s blind, Birighitti seems to do it every other week.

Samson and Jack Hamilton would have to be close, but not quite as bad.  At least they got dropped for more than a game.

The £350k is definitely more than we paid but it was quoted as a 6 figure fee, £125k was mentioned at the time. To be honest a quid would be too much. 

2 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Cannot understand all this nonsense about Zander Clark. If United had signed him at the start of the season then they would not be in the trouble they are in. 

Utter rubbish he is a quality keeper.

He's alright. Wouldn't go as far as describing him as 'quality' by any stretch.

While I agree that Birighitti has the range to claim top spot, Joel Pereira’s 2019/20 season is the stuff of legend.

As has already been mentioned here, he had an unnerving ability to get out of the way of pretty much any shot. If he had been trying to sabotage Hearts it would’ve been impressive.

Not as impressive as him picking up 25 appearances for Hearts before they finally worked out how shite he was. :lol:

The greatest tragedy of Covid was that we never got to see another appearance from him that season, ideally a post-split six pointer against St Mirren once Zlamal got injured again.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I'd just like to point out Joe Hart is dugshite too.

But that's not for this thread.

I didn’t realise how bad he was until I saw him in the flesh for the first time a few months ago against County in Dingwall. 

Sprints towards the edge of his box for balls he’s never going to get, stays on his line when the ball is definitely going to reach him before the defender/striker will get to it, makes daft passes to his centre halves when they’ve got a striker on them, punches everything away instead of catching it which keeps the pressure on. 

Edit - I hope he has one of those games a week Saturday. 

Edited by TheScarf

14 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Saw this on another forum, something for the rest of the league to enjoy. 

Christ, I didn't even know about him liking Joe Hart's Instagram page after the 9-0. The worst thing about that clip is that it's very much a 'highlights' package. There are so many more howlers omitted.

Edited by captainkev

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I didn’t realise how bad he was until I saw him in the flesh for the first time a few months ago against County in Dingwall. 

Sprints towards the edge of his box for balls he’s never going to get, stays on his line when the ball is definitely going to reach him before the defender/striker will get to it, makes daft passes to his centre halves when they’ve got a striker on them, punches everything away instead of catching it which keeps the pressure on. 

Edit - I hope he has one of those games a week Saturday. 

He was shite v St Mirren at the weekend anaw, he's been shite fae when he was at City and they realised they needed to punt him

ETA Leigh Griffiths basically ended him, I hate taking anything away from him but Hart was shite at both of those and I could tell from when he lined up at both that Griffiths was gonna score.

Edited by Busta Nut

For years I thought I was quite lucky watching goalies like Drago Lekovic, Gordon Marshall and Alan Combe at Killie. Cammy Bell became a joke figure while at Rangers, but for Killie he was absolutely brilliant. Up until a few years ago, I'd have said that Francois Dubordeau was probably the worst goalie I'd seen for us, and that's not too shabby. We had Jamie MacDonald and Dan Bachmann during the Clarke era, and then things really started to fall apart when he left. I thought that Lary Branescu and Jan Koprivec were our worst two goalies ever while the Alessio/Dyer season was going on before the real OG of worst-ever keepers came along in Danny Rogers and Colin Doyle. I remember a game where we led St. Mirren 1-0 until injury time in the second half where Rogers caught a speculative shot and managed to walk it back over the line to award St. Mirren a goal and a draw. My dad said to me that those two points dropped could be costly - had we held on (pun absolutely intended) then we'd have finished 10th ahead of County and I have little doubt that they'd have kept Dundee at bay in the playoffs instead of us barely laying a glove on them. Doyle was easily the worst keeper I'd ever seen in a shootout as the SC quarter-final showed. I think my gran would have made a better effort at saving the penalties - actually, scrap that - a cardboard cutout of my gran would have at least dived the correct way once.

I can say with confidence that Birghitti is worse than all of these keepers put together. I feel sorry for United fans knowing that he is the best they've got because having a dodgy keeper is a terrible thing for a defence. The Stevie May goal at Tannadice was the worst of the lot for me. Fair play to whoever his agent is, because he's done a tremendous job in convincing United that he was the goalie for them.

35 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Up until a few years ago, I'd have said that Francois Dubordeau was probably the worst goalie I'd seen for us, 

Dubordeau was with us before signing for Killie, played a blinder against Rangers in our last league win over them which shows how long ago that was, but with equal measure had many a horror show but I would put Craig Samson and Colin Meldrum above him in being Lillian Gish. Still wake up in a cold sweat at night thinking of Meldrums performance vs Dundee United where we got beat 5-4, not to mention dropping a tame header between his legs which helped save St Mirren  from relegation.

42 minutes ago, Cloontang said:

Dubordeau was with us before signing for Killie, played a blinder against Rangers in our last league win over them which shows how long ago that was, but with equal measure had many a horror show but I would put Craig Samson and Colin Meldrum above him in being Lillian Gish. Still wake up in a cold sweat at night thinking of Meldrums performance vs Dundee United where we got beat 5-4, not to mention dropping a tame header between his legs which helped save St Mirren  from relegation.

I can remember on a couple of occasions that Gus MacPherson had to go in goals for us due to goalkeeper injury/Colin Meldrum being sent off and he was better than Meldrum. The recent tide of diddies in nets for us has me very nostalgic for peak Meldrum.

Watching Colin Doyle in a penalty shootout would have been absolutely hilarious if it wasn't my team that paid the price. The fat f**k could barely move, so any shot that was a foot or 2 to the side of centre was a guaranteed goal. 

35 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

Watching Colin Doyle in a penalty shootout would have been absolutely hilarious if it wasn't my team that paid the price. The fat f**k could barely move, so any shot that was a foot or 2 to the side of centre was a guaranteed goal. 

It was hilarious for the rest of us to be fair.