The Big Relegation Thread

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

It's either County or St Johnstone for bottom place imo.

Killie & DU seem more likely to pick up wins.

Yes. Smart money could be on a repeat of last year’s play-off final, Saints v Inverness CT. 

By no means unthinkable that County overtake us, or that we suddenly find form and pull to safety, but on all four’s current form County bottom and Saints 11th looks likely.

And it looks like the sides in with a chance of finishing 2nd-4th in the championship; Queens Park, Patrick, Ayr and Morton, are mostly on fairly inconsistent runs, whereas Inverness are on a tremendous run of form.

I wouldn't assume Killie as safe just yet. They are all excited about winning on Sat but that was St Mirren's worst home display of the season by some distance. And they played against 10 men for most of the second half. Their confidence is up but they haven"t suddenly changed into a good team. They may stay up but I wouldn't assume so.

Having a look at recent form in the Premiership is a major worry for us. 

Last six matches (W-D-L  pts)

Dundee Utd             3-2-1    11

Kilmarnock              2-1-3     7

Ross County            1-0-5    3

St Johnstone           0-2-4   2

What makes it even worse for us is out of the top four teams, we’ve only played Hearts in those 6 fixtures. County have played Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic. 

We are going to need a drastic upturn in performances for the next 5 matches.

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

I wouldn't assume Killie as safe just yet. They are all excited about winning on Sat but that was St Mirren's worst home display of the season by some distance. And they played against 10 men for most of the second half. Their confidence is up but they haven"t suddenly changed into a good team. They may stay up but I wouldn't assume so.

Their home form might save them.

Both games against the worst sides in the league are at home, win both and they cant finish 12th IMO. Arguably keeps them out 11th too.

Ross County at home to Livi in their first fixture. If any match will help brush off the shambles at Tynecastle and kick-start their rescue it has to be that. If they don't get three points, 12th place is wrapped up.

Ross County have badly missed Eamonn Brophy, Yan Dhanda and Gwion Edwards. Dhanda will feature again now, I'm not sure about the other two.

I think County need about 9-10 points and will only get 6-7. 

1 hour ago, killiekranky said:

Looking at that run in St Johnstone could be in trouble.

Killie, Dundee utd and Motherwell all begining to show a bit of form,

Livi players appear to have finished for the season.

St Johnstone look to be in freefall . 

To be fair I've been a pessimist about it, but we missed out on top 6 in worse conditions last season.

The last 5 games resulted in this:

image.thumb.png.a427915cdc6bbb947481a0443b922f70.png

Pretty much anything can happen I'd imagine. The shackles will likely come off for us and we'll probably just go attack teams, Martindale has already set the 50 point target for us, the only other time we hit that was when we finished 3rd I'm sure.

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Ross County at home to Livi in their first fixture. If any match will help brush off the shambles at Tynecastle and kick-start their rescue it has to be that. If they don't get three points, 12th place is wrapped up.

Ross County have badly missed Eamonn Brophy, Yan Dhanda and Gwion Edwards. Dhanda will feature again now, I'm not sure about the other two.

I think County need about 9-10 points and will only get 6-7. 

Aye it feels like County have left themselves too much to do, now. Saints the obvious one to catch but a 6pt gap is big over 5 games. 

Only real hope is you beat us, win somewhere else, and hope we lose all 5.

The arse collapse after going down to 10 against us in December (that put us 5th and 1pt off 3rd 😂) feels like it might be one you end up regretting.

4 hours ago, NorthBank said:

I won’t assume United are safe until we’re several points beyond relegation being even a theoretical mathematical possibility, the season has finished and we’re officially safe and I have a personal, written assurance signed and hand delivered by Gianni Infantino, Aleksander Ceferin and Hamish McAlpine. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

1 minute ago, Junior_Arab said:

I won’t assume United are safe until we’re several points beyond relegation being an arithmetic impossibility, the season has finished and we’re officially safe and I have a personal, written assurance signed by Gianni Infantino, Aleksander Ceferin and Hamish McAlpine. 

I'll accept a guarantee from anyone except that fucker Darren Jackson

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The arse collapse after going down to 10 against us in December (that put us 5th and 1pt off 3rd 😂) feels like it might be one you end up regretting.

Our arses have collapsed in more games than not this season. That game was just a prime example. 

2 hours ago, ropy said:

‘Well mustn’t sleep walk into complacency.  We need one win, preferably against a team below us.

I'd prefer to get the win in the first game against Kilmarnock and then we can relax. Would take an incredible sequence of results for us to end up in the play-off if we win that.

7 hours ago, NorthBank said:

We were already 2-0 up and in total control when Saints went down to 10 men, it's not like the red card substantially contributed to the result.

20 hours ago, killiekranky said:

Looking at that run in St Johnstone could be in trouble.

Killie, Dundee utd and Motherwell all begining to show a bit of form,

Livi players appear to have finished for the season.

St Johnstone look to be in freefall . 

We removed the person most responsible for our predicament. That has got to help somehow.

22 hours ago, bennett said:

County are too bland to go down, you want a team that you can be snide about to go down. 

Agree, but the tribute act are not in the bottom six.

I'd happily see anyone come down except County and possibly Livi (assuming that, having left it too late and drawn too many games, we are not involved in the play-offs).