The Big Relegation Thread

Livi being in the bottom 6 isn’t great for us as we usually struggle against them.  Our record against the rest is okay.

Points we’ve taken against each:

Livingston    0

Motherwell  7

Dundee Utd 6

Kilmarnock  4

Ross County 4

How do the rest of you fellow bottom sixers fare up ?

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Livi being in the bottom 6 isn’t great for us as we usually struggle against them.  Our record against the rest is okay.

Livingston    0

Motherwell  7

Dundee Utd 6

Kilmarnock  4

Ross County 4

Livingston - 7 (WXW)
St Johnstone - 1 (LXL)
Dundee Utd - 4 (XWL)
Kilmarnock  - 2 (LXX)
Ross County - 7 (WXW)

Edited by capt_oats

Livingston - 4

Motherwell - 1

St Johnstone - 4 

Dundee United - 4

Kilmarnock - 6

Would also like to add that any wins against the above came in the opposite fixture format to which we’re scheduled to face in the split - i.e our win against Livi came away but we’re due to play them at home in split whilst our wins against Killie came in 2 home fixtures when we play them away in the split.

St Johnstone firmly in the mix now.

IF, and it’s a big if, todays away result can give us a bit of confidence and momentum for future away games then we might just do enough. I would love a home game against either County or St Johnstone first.

15 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Livingston    0

Motherwell  7

Dundee Utd 6

Kilmarnock  4

Ross County 4

Livingston 4

Motherwell 4

St Johnstone 3

Kilmarnock 4

Ross County 4

How symmetrical. One win, one draw and one defeat from four of the five teams we are due to face.

1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Livingston 4

Motherwell 4

St Johnstone 3

Kilmarnock 4

Ross County 4

How symmetrical. One win, one draw and one defeat from four of the five teams we are due to face.

Would have  been five out of five but for Birighitti playing musical statues  in the last minute against the Johnnies.

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

The way today's games were going, I thought we were heading straight back towards squeaky bum territory. That beautiful, beautiful KVV goal and the unlikely point it brought us was absolutely massive though.

One win from the final 5, along with our superior goal difference over the rest of the pack at the bottom and we'll, yet again, be absolutely fine and push on towards a 40 year stay in the top flight. Remarkable stuff in ML1 considering we looked down and out just weeks ago.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that even if you don't pick up another win, you're probably a well placed draw away from being safe given how cut-throat the split is. You'd need a catastrophic run of results to end up in the bottom two and right now, that simply isn't looking to be the case for Motherwell who are so much better than the limp-dicked mess they were back in January.

Congratulations!

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think we've requested to play our last game away, so im sure we wont end up in a final day shoot out away to Killie for the play off spot.

This would be a good request from the club to get more time to fix the pitch if there wasn’t a threat of a play off after the league finishes. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

Edited by derektaylor84

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that even if you don't pick up another win, you're probably a well placed draw away from being safe given how cut-throat the split is. You'd need a catastrophic run of results to end up in the bottom two and right now, that simply isn't looking to be the case for Motherwell who are so much better than the limp-dicked mess they were back in January.

Congratulations!

Cheers mate, I think!!

Would definitely take an horrifically bad run of results/luck for us to be in the bottom two, but supporting a fellow 'diddy outfit' , you'll understand the nerves and agitation waiting for confirmation of safety. Won't be 100% at ease until mathematically confirmed!!

Poor performance for yourselves today, but grudging congratulations on your top 6 confirmation. Well played. 👏.

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Think you mean we play Livi at home rather than Motherwell twice?

Its not something ive made tbh, but aye, he seems to have mistyped it.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dont know how accurate this is.

Ft_rNiXXgAEBFO7.thumb.jpeg.19babe07ec9bf035d6ece2406158caf6.jpeg

Was saying this to my Dad last night, I feel like they're more likely to prioritise 2h2a between each of the teams at the expense of someone getting an uneven number of h/a games. Its happened to us two or three times since the split was introduced.

With it looking like Motherwell and Livingston are sage, and Dundee United seemingly clicked - for me it's down to St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Ross County - think it'd be a bit offside to give us an extra home game over anyone within that group.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dont know how accurate this is.

Ft_rNiXXgAEBFO7.thumb.jpeg.19babe07ec9bf035d6ece2406158caf6.jpeg

That's probably fair. I get we probably have to go somewhere three times this season but given the situation it would be grossly unfair if it was to Kilmarnock or Dingwall 

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

Was saying this to my Dad last night, I feel like they're more likely to prioritise 2h2a between each of the teams at the expense of someone getting an uneven number of h/a games. Its happened to us two or three times since the split was introduced.

With it looking like Motherwell and Livingston are sage, and Dundee United seemingly clicked - for me it's down to St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Ross County - think it'd be a bit offside to give us an extra home game over anyone within that group.

They always prioritise giving every team 19 homes and 19 aways where possible. The only times teams have uneven numbers of home and away games is where it is impossible to do so.

This time they are able to give everyone an equal home and away split, so I'd be amazed if that doesn't happen. I'm not sure they'll want to send St Johnstone to us for a third time given that we are in direct competition for relegation places, so it feels more likely to me that a couple more of Motherwell's fixtures will be switched such that they come to Ayrshire for a third time, but host United and Saints for a third time.