The Big Relegation Thread

What a shower of shits (Speaking about motherwell right now). Can't put in any performance without jsut chucking all the points away.

We are destined for the drop now as I don't think we will even get 30 points when all said and done. We'll get pumped by both St Johnstone and Aberdeen (who will have a new temp manager in place).

Honestly, I just don't see the end in site. We can only beat teams who are on the verge of relegation to League 1.....

Edited by Phillips455

Ill put my neck on the line and say we're going to be fine.

Still dont think our squad should be near the bottom two due to what we have in attack, and theyre all looking happier now we're in 4-4-2 type shape.

Motherwell game massive and a loss could kill us, but it feels like we're starting to trend the right way performance wise.

All this with the caveat that Davidson could set fire to the whole thing at any point, and will almost definitely try the 5-2-3 again for a spell.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Still dont think our squad should be near the bottom two due to what we have in attack, and theyre all looking happier now we're in 4-4-2 type shape.

Motherwell game massive and a loss could kill us, but it feels like we're starting to trend the right way performance wise.

All this with the caveat that Davidson could set fire to the whole thing at any point, and will almost definitely try the 5-2-3 again for a spell.

Don't you have Stevie May and Nicky Clark in attack?

20 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Don't you have Stevie May and Nicky Clark in attack?

Both are reliable, proven, top flight strikers, as much as folk put them down.

Carey, Murphy, May, and Clark should be getting 5+ goals each. Then youve got Wotherspoon, Hallberg, Wright types who should be contributing, goals and assists wise, to 5+ too.

I think we should have enough to help us edge games when it comes to it. If we dont then it should be viewed as a failure rather than a poor squad at its level.

Edited by RandomGuy.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think Motherwell will beat you. We were barely adequate today and still won, and could have won by more. Motherwell look a bit lightweight, especially in midfeild, and they look poor and short of confidence at the back. St Johnstone might not be amazing, but they are relatively sturdy.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Carey, Murphy, May, and Clark should be getting 5+ goals each. Then youve got Wotherspoon, Hallberg, Wright types who should be contributing, goals and assists wise, to 5+ too.

I think we should have enough to help us edge games when it comes to it. If we dont then it showed be viewed as a failure rather than a poor squad at its level.

Rudden will score as well if the rumours are true.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Rudden will score as well if the rumours are true.

I can fully see everyone laughing at that signing, then him bagging about 3 important goals for us in the final 10 minutes of games.

Reeks of someone you could bring on when chasing a game and he'd find space in a crowded box to sclaff one in.

Every passing performance and result only strengthens my belief we are straight down. 

We have absolutely nothing about us and have shown not even a glimmer of that changing.

A perfect storm of variables plus a succession of bad off the park decisions have led us here.

Utd will be fine, they have too  many good players. County and Killie have shown they can win the odd game.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Proven to be absolutely mediocre top flight strikers. That's better than being a shite top flight striker but it's not something which will elevate a team above its competitors. From the teams at the bottom currently, I'd have Fletcher, Middleton, Brophy and Van Veen ahead of both May and Clark, and it's not even particularly close. Lafferty too, obviously, if he wasn't such a colossal bell-end. I'd probably have White ahead of them just for nuisance value.