The Big Relegation Thread

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

image.thumb.png.70905f3a265fd2ea51b7fa7bf592c66b.png

It would appear County are done and dusted, Killie clinging on. Could probably see Motherwell, St Johnstone or Dundee Utd slip into the playoffs if any of them hit bad form

Ehmmmmmmmm......

.....how can our current form not be considered Bad?

31 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Ehmmmmmmmm......

.....how can our current form not be considered Bad?

The dreaded, even worse form.

In all honesty though, losing to County or Killie or generally anyone below you on this probably throws you down the list

I said before a ball was kicked that we would be in the relegation mix, and survival would be success for Hammell. We're even worse than i thought we would be though, and I'm fairly certain it will now be a 3 way battle for survival in 10th between 'Well, County and Killie. We are absolutely honking , so if anyone can out-honk us they'll be doing some fucking job. Fearing the worst. 

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Absolutely seems like it, we're at about 78% for a top 5 finish which carries a good chance of European football

One small issue there, from the SFA docs Livi seem to have been refused a UEFA Licence two years on the bounce, while every other Premiership club was granted one.

Don't quite know why that is, and if it can be fixed in time should you qualify.

49 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

One small issue there, from the SFA docs Livi seem to have been refused a UEFA Licence two years on the bounce, while every other Premiership club was granted one.

Don't quite know why that is, and if it can be fixed in time should you qualify.

It should be fixed already, it was refused as we didn't have a youth academy (or any youth setup). We set one up last December or so, from what I'm aware it's been a priority behind the scenes getting the club up to the standard required

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

It should be fixed already, it was refused as we didn't have a youth academy (or any youth setup). We set one up last December or so, from what I'm aware it's been a priority behind the scenes getting the club up to the standard required

Woahhhh what?! That's a pre requisite of being in European competition? Sorry but WTF 

4 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Woahhhh what?! That's a pre requisite of being in European competition? Sorry but WTF 

I think at the time, the two things that were mentioned were a certain type of floodlights and having a youth setup. 

Given Martindale is talking about how we're aiming for Europe, and he was the one that handled the UEFA club licensing, I imagine it's all been sorted now

1 hour ago, Ray Patterson said:

Weirdly St. Mirren are down as also having been refused a UEFA license despite having a Gold SFA license (Livingston are Bronze in comparison). 

I think it was mentioned that there are dispensations given to clubs to allow them to compete in certain circumstances.

5 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Weirdly St. Mirren are down as also having been refused a UEFA license despite having a Gold SFA license (Livingston are Bronze in comparison). 

I think it was mentioned that there are dispensations given to clubs to allow them to compete in certain circumstances.

I'm not sure of the timeline you're basing the above statement upon, but as of May 2021 we do have a UEFA licence.

Club Statement: Scottish FA Licensing (stmirren.com)

Our club is toxic, mostly because the managers spent 12 months trying to convince folk that anyone who disagrees with him is "the enemy", so youve got a split club and fanbase. 

Id be amazed if we dont finish bottom two now.

8 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

I said before a ball was kicked that we would be in the relegation mix, and survival would be success for Hammell. We're even worse than i thought we would be though, and I'm fairly certain it will now be a 3 way battle for survival in 10th between 'Well, County and Killie. We are absolutely honking , so if anyone can out-honk us they'll be doing some fucking job. Fearing the worst. 

We will be in the relegation mix. That was known pretty much before a ball was kicked after the Sligo debacle. 

However we started the season well. Have still played well in games such as Hearts, United and Killie at home. Only picked up 2 points though. Our forward play is competent enough. We are scoring in most games. Our GD difference is respectable. 

The problem is and has been for a season and a half our central defence and central midfield. Decent enough footballers but too weak and not enough concentration over 90+ minutes costing us points everywhere. 

Despite all that there are still 3 teams below us in the table. Go figure. United will do enough to get away but St Johnstone will take their place most probably. So 4 teams in the mix. Not great but better than being cut adrift. 

See who else comes in during the window. Hopefully a solid no nonsense CB or the lesser spotted Blaney steps up.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I'm not sure of the timeline you're basing the above statement upon, but as of May 2021 we do have a UEFA licence.

Club Statement: Scottish FA Licensing (stmirren.com)

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/9901/191222-club-licensing-awards.pdf As of December 22.

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Id be amazed if we dont finish bottom two now.

Tbf the quality in and around the Championship top four is just getting worse and worse. While we were all braced to sit back and piss ourselves if you went down last year, let's face it, it wasn't even close in the end.

Nobody in the Championship is laying a glove on any top flight team over two legs. Even Morton's annual failure to make the top four isn't predicted to be confirmed until late March this year. That's how shit they all are.

I’m sorry but decades of promotion-relegation-promotion-relegation struggles takes its toll.

There is part of me that still thinks that even this season St Mirren will be in the relegation mix after a monumental arse collapse.

There was only a short period in my lifetime from late 70s to early 80s when St Mirren were competing at the top 6 level on a regular basis despite what Top6 Tony has to say on the matter.

Despite all the emotional and financial challenges that annual “promotion-relegation”struggles brings to fan and club it’s actually more memorable than some of the seasons when we were consistently hitting European places. 

Perhaps it’s because it’s more recent but last day survival against Motherwell 3-2 tops pumping Hearts 5-2 to get into UEFA Cup.

What I’m trying to say is that mid table mediocrity is all well and good when you can pop in on a Sunday morning to the “relegation express” thread and breathe a sigh of relief, but also because there is a part of you that misses that feeling of “oh fcuk we are really in the shit - can we survive?”

I will be happier when Saints get a few more wins under our belt, advance in the Scottish cup (hopefully this year with a bit of luck to the final), sell Baccus for £3M, get a %kickback when someone like Newcastle sign McGinn then I’ll feel a bit more comfortable with St Mirren life on and off the pitch!

53 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Tbf the quality in and around the Championship top four is just getting worse and worse. While we were all braced to sit back and piss ourselves if you went down last year, let's face it, it wasn't even close in the end.

Nobody in the Championship is laying a glove on any top flight team over two legs. Even Morton's annual failure to make the top four isn't predicted to be confirmed until late March this year. That's how shit they all are.

We weren't that far ahead of ICT and then it was helped by a packed McDiarmid fully behind the team.

Yesterday there were chants against the manager and players, lots of fans left at half time, and some players clearly chucked it. We're about to play Rangers back to back.

We're going to implode.

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We weren't that far ahead of ICT and then it was helped by a packed McDiarmid fully behind the team.

Yesterday there were chants against the manager and players, lots of fans left at half time, and some players clearly chucked it. We're about to play Rangers back to back.

We're going to implode.

I'd be very surprised if whoever finished 11th didn't win the playoff tbh. Unless it was a Dundee derby, in which case all bets are off