The Big Relegation Thread

18 hours ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

At this point it looks like it could be either Killie or united that finish bottom? However Ross County could be dragged into it again as I'm still not convinced by them overall, I think it's a two team battle between United an killie though, would expect that Kilmarnock would be better prepared for a battle under an experienced manager like Mcinnes though.

Much as I'd like this to be true, with only 3 points between the bottom 2 and County and only another one to Motherwell, it's far from a 2-horse race at the bottom.  After Saturday both Killie and Utd could be going into the break level with County and just a point behind 'well.

17 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

United’s results at the moment suggest to me we’re a fairly talented team that is either a) incredibly low on confidence or b) utterly lacking in fight. We seem completely incapable of scrapping our way to a one nil win or taking anything from a tight match, but if we score first and get on top we can look very good. 

As Michael Stewart says we’re way too soft.

I reckon we will continue winning 4-0 and losing 3 for the rest of the season.

Talented group but soft as shite with two prize winners in goal. 

Non Lafferty away from home Killie looking they would be relegation candidates in the championship.

Killie + Lafferty+ Rugby Park look completely different.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Non Lafferty away from home Killie looking they would be relegation candidates in the championship.

Killie + Lafferty+ Rugby Park look completely different.

Still a wee while before Lafferty is back. Will having a shite pitch be enough? Only if someone else absolutely collapses, imo. It's possible, I suppose. I don't see United being shite enough to finish below Killie; Motherwell are pretty shit but have a few decent players; the Johnnies are turgid, but  in a good way for a shit team plus they've got Clark. County aren't great but their awful racist manager isn't an awful manager and they'll win enough games to stay clear of the drop.

So, it's Killie.

Unless it's United or Motherwell. Or the Maureens.

9 minutes ago, Darren said:

Not many folk mentioning Hibs. Worth keeping an eye on for the bottom two, I reckon...

Hearts would certainly be able to give them plenty of advice if they do end up there.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Hearts would certainly be able to give them plenty of advice if they do end up there.

Hibs have spent more time in the Championship in the last decade so doubt they'd want or need it.

4 minutes ago, Darren said:

Hibs have spent more time in the Championship in the last decade so doubt they'd want or need it.

Spending more time in the Championship in the last decade does not mean they have finished in the bottom 2 more often than Hearts, (although they might have, I'm sure the guardians of Gorgie's honour will set me right) so I'm sure all advice and experience from Scotland's third biggest club might be welcome.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

50 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Spending more time in the Championship in the last decade does not mean they have finished in the bottom 2 more often than Hearts, (although they might have, I'm sure the guardians of Gorgie's honour will set me right) so I'm sure all advice and experience from Scotland's third biggest club might be welcome.

The most important question is - will he accept their most recent one was indeed a "relegation" ?

Friends Tv Lol GIF by Nick At Nite

55 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I honestly couldn’t give a flying f**k who gets relegated as long as it’s not us.*

* It may well be us.

Me neither, as long as it's you.

I don't think we'll have to worry about it this year. But you never know...

It's close enough there's no certainty, anyone with a good or bad January window could move to safety or sink like a stone.

Motherwell certainly play like a relegation side - indeed we're reminiscent of when we should have gone down in 2003. We're not as bad as that, obviously, but despite being competitive nearly every week we find increasingly comical ways to throw away points.

We're both where we hoped to be, given being cut adrift by this stage was a genuine fear two games into the season, and in serious bother.

Right.  They keep losing to relegation teams, but have the squad and finance that ensures they’ll be comfortably safe by season’s end.  

We have Terry Butcher on the line from 2014, and he wants his post back.