The Big Relegation Thread

Has Hibs utter ineptitude breathed a bit of life back into the 11th/12th place fight?
Are Aberdeen in any way capable of wining by 2 or 3 clear goals tonight to make it an interesting last day on Saturday? My gut (and the Dons being shite) tells me no but given how weird this season has been I guess there’s always a small chance we could be looking at a 3 point gap with a couple of goals in it going into the last day.
That’d be exciting…until St Johnstone also beat Hibs easily.

They wouldn’t need to win by more than one goal for it to be interesting going into Saturday.
A one goal win for the Dons puts the Saintees on -25 and The Dee are on -29. A four goal swing would then be needed.
St Johnstone 0-1 Aberdeen
Hibs 2-0 Saintees
Livi 0-2 Dundee
Those three results relegate St J on goals scored, and don’t look too unrealistic. In saying that, it surely won’t happen. The Snoozefest Saintees will surely sclaff a 0-0 from somewhere against two half arsed opponents.

12 minutes ago, Lex said:

They wouldn’t need to win by more than one goal for it to be interesting going into Saturday.
A one goal win for the Dons puts the Saintees on -25 and The Dee are on -29. A four goal swing would then be needed.
St Johnstone 0-1 Aberdeen
Hibs 2-0 Saintees
Livi 0-2 Dundee
Those three results relegate St J on goals scored, and don’t look too unrealistic. In saying that, it surely won’t happen. The Snoozefest Saintees will surely sclaff a 0-0 from somewhere against two half arsed opponents.

If they can't beat that Hibs side then they deserve every bit of bad karma that would have to take place for that to happen.

24 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If they can't beat that Hibs side then they deserve every bit of bad karma that would have to take place for that to happen.

We played them like a month ago and sat in for a draw, don't think we managed a shot on target.

I feel that St Johnstone will take something from this game tonight to make it over with. Playing teams with nothing to play for will help. Shame they never scheduled the Dundee v St Johnstone game as the last one as it was always likely to be the most pivotal. 

A one goal defeat for the Saintees tonight and a four goal swing required on the final day, a two goal defeat tonight and a three goal swing is required. If Aberdeen win by three or more goals goal difference is no longer relevant going into the final day, any Dundee win coupled with any St Johnstone loss would put the Saintees in 12th.

0-0 it is.

Post split seemed to offer the potential for a bit of excitement with st Mirren, Aberdeen and Hibs all in dreadful form and looking like they could get dragged into it.

In reality, it never even came close to a battle between any of the significant positions, and the worst and second worst teams finished where we deserved.

The play offs will no doubt offer their usual excitement and opportunity for a shock, such as Saints scoring a few goals.

No doubt lex will be on the thread offering lots of exciting analysis on ways in which St Johnstone can get relegated. Can’t wait…

Tv Land Reaction GIF by #Impastor

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Post split seemed to offer the potential for a bit of excitement with st Mirren, Aberdeen and Hibs all in dreadful form and looking like they could get dragged into it.

In reality, it never even came close to a battle between any of the significant positions, and the worst and second worst teams finished where we deserved.

The play offs will no doubt offer their usual excitement and opportunity for a shock, such as Saints scoring a few goals.

No doubt lex will be on the thread offering lots of exciting analysis on ways in which St Johnstone can get relegated. Can’t wait…

Tv Land Reaction GIF by #Impastor

Arbroath or Inverness pump you, you're doon. 

Saved him the trouble. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, deej said:

End of fucking thread. 

Never in doubt

The thread is used every season, so no, it is in fact not the end of the thread.

Looking forward to being back in it in about 12-ish months time!

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

The thread is used every season, so no, it is in fact not the end of the thread.

Looking forward to being back in it in about 12-ish months time!

Well I didn't realise it was used every year so.. Nah I'm clutching at straws here.

Time to speculate on next season? Obviously it's way too early, but lets have a go.

With Davidson still in charge I just don't have the faith that he'll have learnt any lessons this year, so would think we'll be around the bottom by Christmas. 

Killie under McInnes will be solid if unspectacular, I'm sure they'll be safe. County and Livingston will be down there I reckon, based on absolutely nothing whatsoever. Surely Aberdeen and Hibs can't both be as bad as they were this year?

And I cant wait to see how St Mirren throw away top six next season