The Big Relegation Thread

I've got an absolutely awful feeling about this now. I think there's a very decent chance we're losing to St Johnstone next weekend - they can, at least, score goals now. If they move to within two points of us, then we're fucked and relying on Dundee to have chucked it by the time we play them.
We just look absolutely terrible, proper whiffs of Butcher at Hibs or Yogi at Raith about us.
Based on what I saw of Arbroath on Friday, I wouldn't fancy going two games against them, tbh.
I think the big issue is the mood around the club. The Ross/Kearney survival years, we'd been shite all season but the fans and the players rallied. There was a real movement.
This, on the other hand, is fucking dismal and there's no energy anywhere.
Any bookies offering a market on places in the league?
Worryingly, you can transpose Aberdeen into St Mirren and the similar managerial references.

There is no energy around Pittodrie, we barely look like scoring a goal unless we get a penalty and we are very soft at the back.

The fans are very flat and can all see that we are in severe trouble. There would be energy there, if we could actually take the lead and hold it for a little while. The issue is we cannot do that.

We are in real trouble.

1 hour ago, True Saintee said:

If I'm a St Mirren or Aberdeen fan I would be very happily backing my team at those prices.

That way you either win your bet or finish outside the bottom 2. There is no such angle as a St Johnstone fan.

Indeed, tempted to put a score on us. Returns £130 or I lose £20 and we avoid the playoff.

Edited by Arch Stanton

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

What about Dundee?

2 hours ago, True Saintee said:

If I'm a St Mirren or Aberdeen fan I would be very happily backing my team at those prices.

That way you either win your bet or finish outside the bottom 2. There is no such angle as a St Johnstone fan.

These are the odds you're looking for.

Screenshot_20220425-143326_Sky Bet.jpg

23 hours ago, craigkillie said:

You hear folk saying that they prefer the Championship to the Premiership as a fan, but that's absolute bollocks that mostly comes from supporters of clubs that are rarely in the top flight.

Killie have won 20 games this season and yet we have mostly been horrifyingly shite and unenjoyable to watch. The only good bits have been visiting a couple of grounds I hadn't been to before, beating Ayr on their own patch twice, and then winning a league title with a last minute goal.

That sounds like a quality season tbf.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_8378.jpg
There’s the bottom two for 2022 confirmed then, with a couple of games to go. It looked likely from about February, and there was no great turnarounds or weird collapses big enough to get anyone else involved. To the surprise of no one, the worst two teams in the league have finished 11th and 12th.
Quite the fall from grace by the Saintees, from arguably the greatest ever season by a Scottish club to the relegation playoff in under 12 months. A couple of bizarre transfer windows seems to be the main reason for their demise. They’ll need to win a tricky two legged tie against Arbroath or Inverness to stay in the league.
Dundee down with a whimper. They seem to have really taken that club 12 moniker they got in 2012 to heart, since then they’ve finished 12th three times in the ten years. Fellow yo-yo club Hearts are the only other club to have finished there more than once in that timeframe.
The Dee winning two games in a row under McPake, then sacking him in February and appointing McGhee, then being relegated in a May without winning another game is absolute peak Dundee banter. Cove and Greenock awaits next season, dark times. No doubt they’ll be back up in a few years, to finish 12th again.
We will get this thread going again in October for the 2023 relegation jamboree. Next years cast yet to be revealed. McInnes’ Kilmarnock? Goodwins’ Aberdeen? Robinson’s St Mirren? Campbell’s Arbroath?

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
I’m putting by neck on the line and predict that Dundee will pull off a Real Madrid like come back and the Fermers will end up bottom.

Pigs will fly first.

In a perfect world. 

Has Hibs utter ineptitude breathed a bit of life back into the 11th/12th place fight?
Are Aberdeen in any way capable of wining by 2 or 3 clear goals tonight to make it an interesting last day on Saturday? My gut (and the Dons being shite) tells me no but given how weird this season has been I guess there’s always a small chance we could be looking at a 3 point gap with a couple of goals in it going into the last day.
That’d be exciting…until St Johnstone also beat Hibs easily.

What 

Not sure if this was a ‘what’ of shock, denial or anger, but it’s good to see you’re working through the 5 stages of grief in any case. You’ll get to acceptance soon.