The Big Relegation Thread

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

For the bottom 6 fixtures, it's a bit complicated. 

Screenshot_20220411-111318_Sheets.thumb.jpg.0a0870c2aae053d54228c63256a654b3.jpg

See the table above. St Johnstone have 20 home and 18 away games scheduled if it remains as is. Dundee meanwhile only have 18 home and 20 away.

An easy way to resolve this would be to switch the St Johnstone and Dundee game right? Well unfortunately that tie is already scheduled to take place at Dundee (thier only scheduled home game right now) so it will means the other teams will be impacted.

I haven't bothered to identify what fixtures could be changed to accommodate Dundee and St Johnstone.

Pick one of Hibs/Aberdeen/St Mirren and have them host St Johnstone instead of Dundee. Probably Hibs on the grounds they're further away from 11th.

26 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Based on the overwhelming evidence of his 0 wins so far?

Aye, fair enough, it isn't exactly a miracle turnaround. I concede that.

Perhaps, on reflection, describing him as "good" was a stretch. An improvement on the previous manager is perhaps more accurate.
His team fought very well on Saturday. They looked like a team that was pulling together and had found a little bit of belief, especially at the final whistle. Perhaps they can carry that into their next game?

I now wouldn't be overly surprised if they beat St Johnstone at Dens (if it is at Dens) and win another couple of games in the bottom six. That might be enough to get them into the play-off position. 

Small margins, I grant you.

1 hour ago, Thorfinn said:

Aye, fair enough, it isn't exactly a miracle turnaround. I concede that.

Perhaps, on reflection, describing him as "good" was a stretch. An improvement on the previous manager is perhaps more accurate.
His team fought very well on Saturday. They looked like a team that was pulling together and had found a little bit of belief, especially at the final whistle. Perhaps they can carry that into their next game?

I now wouldn't be overly surprised if they beat St Johnstone at Dens (if it is at Dens) and win another couple of games in the bottom six. That might be enough to get them into the play-off position. 

Small margins, I grant you.

Didn't they win against Hearts before sacking McPake, have they won a league game under McGhee?

5 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

You can feel the love ❤️ in here between the hibbees and the soon to be Doon dees can’t you.

It’s understandable. Both in the bottom six, both the small clubs from their respective cities.

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s understandable. Both in the bottom six, both the small clubs from their respective cities.

You’re just jealous because your mob named yourselves after Hibs and they didn’t love you back. 

Edited by K.T

None of the teams from 7th to 10th are in good form, Aberdeen & Livi (4pts from the last 5 league games) us and Hibs both got 3. It really is a case of who can escape from recent mediocre form and if the Fakes can shrug off the defeat against Celtic and recover the momentum they had in the games prior to that. 

The first two post-split games after the split are vital for us, we could be looking out the beachware and suntan lotion or we could be in 11th spot - I have the fear and I reckon most Saints fans will be feeling similar. 

18 minutes ago, K.T said:

You’re just jealous because your mob named yourselves after Hibs and they didn’t love you back. 

^^^ thinks Hibernian originates with an Edinburgh football team.  Too much skiving from school.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^ thinks Hibernian originates with an Edinburgh football team.  Too much skiving from school.

I’ll bet when you were in school WW2 was modern studies.

3 minutes ago, btb said:

None of the teams from 7th to 10th are in good form, Aberdeen & Livi (4pts from the last 5 league games) us and Hibs both got 3. It really is a case of who can escape from recent mediocre form and if the Fakes can shrug off the defeat against Celtic and recover the momentum they had in the games prior to that. 

The first two post-split games after the split are vital for us, we could be looking out the beachware and suntan lotion or we could be in 11th spot - I have the fear and I reckon most Saints fans will be feeling similar. 

I dont have the fear I know we are already fucked championship for us.