The Big Relegation Thread

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

If you do finish 11th (as opposed to higher: Dundee are finished) I think you'd skoosh the playoffs. If that happens, is anyone making a case for Davidson staying? 

No.

Dire, depressing shiteball.

We cannot start next season, regardless of league, with more of the same.

Edited by shibbydoo

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

If you do finish 11th (as opposed to higher: Dundee are finished) I think you'd skoosh the playoffs. If that happens, is anyone making a case for Davidson staying? 

Another year of watching his defensive style? No thanks. I’m sure he ties the players to a chair in a dark room for days whilst playing “defend” on audio loop.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Don’t think anyone can realistically say any team will walk the play-offs, though it seems to get said every season.  We are a team who lost to kelty just 9 weeks ago, and only squeezed past Arbroath on pens in the league cup, so there’s no guarantees, despite our improved results recently.

Aye, but that Kelty game was a one-off tie, and it still took extra time. The playoffs are two-legged affairs, and I would be very surprised if any of the Championship sides had enough.

Arbroath are the only one of the likely playoff teams who’ve looked good all season, but they seem to be running out of steam recently.  

Us, Caley and Raith are similar levels of shite to one another. Frankly, the fact that these sides will be third, fourth and fifth in the division is a damning indictment of the standard of the league.

On the off chance that Killie find themselves in the playoff then how they do will come down to whether or not Kyle Lafferty plays well, as that’s about all they’ve got. They’ll win the league though so that’s not a concern.

From the outside looking in, the one exception to this would be St Mirren who look to be in free fall under Robinson, and seem to be actively going out of their way to lose matches. 

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

They're just as average but put a run together at the right time to slightly pull away.  St Johnstone would see them off no bother.

Where as they any of them would see off St mirren no bother.

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Are Dundee fans in the odd position of desperately hoping Dundee United make the top six so there's no Doon Derby revenge?

Kinda, though the only way that is feasible involves us beating them at Tannadice, so swings and roundabouts.

Also, are St Johnstone fans still worrying about being caught? Christ, they really are more moronic than I gave them credit for.

Kinda, though the only way that is feasible involves us beating them at Tannadice, so swings and roundabouts.
Also, are St Johnstone fans still worrying about being caught? Christ, they really are more moronic than I gave them credit for.

This weekend is the make or break in my eyes on if any other side is dragged into the scrap, and if Dundee still have a chance to avoid 12th.

I predict losses for us, St Mirren and Dundee tbh.

28 minutes ago, Hendo said:

At least by my reckoning we should have three home games left, along with Aberdeen and Livi, with Dundee, St J and Hibs away three times.*

* Unless Doncaster fecks things up.

That's us fucked then 3 home games.we don't win home games in fact we dont win any home or away play off for us.

Me sitting back to enjoy St Johnstone potentially nipping at the heels of Aberdeen and St Mirren because it would be funny, only to realise that my team's only feasible chance of staying up involves St Johnstone shitting the bed completely.

Joey meme Blank Template - Imgflip

Spoiler

This of course is a joke. I've believed we were relegated since February.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee