The Big Relegation Thread

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

A slight gain by us and the Fermers on the Maureens and the Sheep botherers.

Not that I think we will catch them but a win against St Mirren midweek and beating Aberdeen in our game, would reduce the points gap to 3. Big ask though.

Maybe the first one. Second one not so much.

On 04/03/2022 at 14:03, johnnydun said:

Of course, because records and winners medals just disappear from history after a certain amount of years. 

Anything before 1986 doesn't count, as I understand it.

Cant believe I'm saying this without being patronising. Absolutely delighted that my wee team,ie Livingston are clear of whats happening down at the bottom.Our objective has just about being achieved. Ahead of Tomorrow weve a chance of deciding the destination of the league title . Make no bones about it,as I've said our aim is just about achieved.Weve nothing to lose Tomorrow and will give it our best shot.But its the relegation thread,and in just ecstatic we are not involved.Good luck to all concerned. 👍.

17 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Cant believe I'm saying this without being patronising. Absolutely delighted that my wee team,ie Livingston are clear of whats happening down at the bottom.Our objective has just about being achieved. Ahead of Tomorrow weve a chance of deciding the destination of the league title . Make no bones about it,as I've said our aim is just about achieved.Weve nothing to lose Tomorrow and will give it our best shot.But its the relegation thread,and in just ecstatic we are not involved.Good luck to all concerned. 👍.

Newcastle are your wee team Troy, Livi are your big team.

59 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Newcastle are your wee team Troy, Livi are your big team.

Sorry,L/F.You know where I'm coming from.🤣.Livi first any day.But I'm a Scottish Geordie for nearly 50 years.And both are doing nicely thank you..Any chance of the Suadies extending  their benevolence north of the border,ie West Lothian. 🤣.Seriously Hope both supporters show their respective support for our 🇺🇦  brothers tomorrow. Our help is on its way.Football has to take a back seat.🇷🇼🇷🇼🇷🇼.

A slight gain by us and the Fermers on the Maureens and the Sheep botherers.
Not that I think we will catch them but a win against St Mirren midweek and beating Aberdeen in our game, would reduce the points gap to 3. Big ask though.

Too big an ask really.
IMG_8078.jpg
Dundee fail to take advantage with their game in and remain rooted to the foot.
IMG_8079.jpg
Shouldn’t really be including Aberdeen. Even if they don’t win another game three draws will be enough and they’ll get that. The order of the bottom two is a coin toss really. Two poor sides who deserve to be relegated and I think they both will be when all said and done. Who’s going straight down though?

Too big an ask really.
IMG_8078.thumb.jpg.d2759e9259e6a69acb1b03836a829554.jpg
IMG_8079.jpg.05569dc64e46b94cc389b9923b75fafc.jpg
Shouldn’t really be including Aberdeen. Even if they don’t win another game three draws will be enough and they’ll get that. The order of the bottom two is a coin toss really. Two poor sides who deserve to be relegated and I think they both will be when all said and done. Who’s going straight down though?
Us - because one Saints win is enough to counter 3 turgid McGhee draws.

Too big an ask really.
IMG_8078.thumb.jpg.d2759e9259e6a69acb1b03836a829554.jpg
IMG_8079.jpg.05569dc64e46b94cc389b9923b75fafc.jpg
Both will win games post split simply because the way the season has panned out 3 of the teams that finish bottom 6 are going to be deflated by that. Add in they will be too far ahead to be in danger and it's a recipe for strugglers to pick up an odd win or two.

I’ll stick my neck out and predict that we finish 11th and win the play-off fairly unconvincingly. We’ll continue next season with Davidson in charge, dealing with the same problems as before, then relieve him of his duties when it becomes clear that we’re in real danger again.

39 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I’ll stick my neck out and predict that we finish 11th and win the play-off fairly unconvincingly. We’ll continue next season with Davidson in charge, dealing with the same problems as before, then relieve him of his duties when it becomes clear that we’re in real danger again.

I think this scenario is extremely likely. 

How longs the deal? 4 years?
If we go down, he walks. If not he stays and it’s a boot up the arse for him and the Board I think.