The Big Relegation Thread

11 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
Says a lot about the quality of ourselves and St Johnstone that utter shite like St Mirren win their first game in 11 and manage to go 6 and 8 points ahead respectively.

You say that yet our last 3 games have been the boys v Septic, away at Ibrox then Utd at Tannadice and we have collected 4 points. I reckon we might well kick on a bit from here

It’s no surprise to see the likes of Dundee struggle badly, it can’t be a good atmosphere about the place with the amount of offenders they have on the books.

I have a feeling St Johnstone will come good.

11 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We have saved our worst for the 2 games against you guys for some strange reason.

I'm still expecting StJohnstone to turn this around, happened every season going back to the Wright days.

Huge pressure on McPake and Davidson now, wonder if Jack Ross has been sounded out by either yet.

Ross has his eye on another gig down south.

13 hours ago, ATLIS said:

image.thumb.png.a0b897bd10c201d335e818f739d89443.png

Recent form probably tells a clearer story of how things are going. Dundee Utd could be on a full scale implosion nose dive. Surely they can't f**k it up that bad though?

We've had our annual mid-season turnaround. St Mirren seem to just motor on and keep the pace with 7th-10th. Ross County seem to have turned things around as well. We've got a bad run of games coming up though, Rangers and Hibs next I think so could allow for that gap to close up. We're probably 5 wins away from safety I would imagine.

Nice to see Tayside doing well as a whole.

2 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Naive if you thought we were ever out of this, to be honest.

Why is Hungbo not starting if he's fit enough to be on the bench? I reckon as long as he and RCC are fit and firing, you've no fear of being caught by us and our fellow goal virgins in Perth.

8 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Naive if you thought we were ever out of this, to be honest.

f**k off, you've absolutely no chance of going down so stop panicking.

We're comfortably the worst team in the league and have a manager who can't react to the situation. 8 open play goals in the league this season and he refuses to change anything about how we play.

Dundee probably had the best night out the bottom four last night. Gained ground on County and Livi and avoided defeat in their last game of the season at the ground of their main rivals. 

image.png.0f2adf8c23b1e2424dea3aa962f72959.png

Of course it is unlikely that Dundee and St Johnstone won't make up the bottom two after 38 games, but stranger things have happened.

image.png.813875e9d2ed33c5c33ea5a9860cb6cd.png

The weekends fixtures. Tough games for County and Livi, so if Dundee could beat St Mirren for the second time this season they will get themselves within striking distance of the pack above. St Johnstone have already won at Pittodrie this season, they really need something up there to keep the dream of 10th (11th?) alive. 

I keep saying this, anyone thinking St Johnstone and Dundee are gone already and that no other club will be involved is naive. Even us, despite being 10 points above the relegation slot and looking upwards rather than down, have gone on a poor run. A good win against United and the shambolic Aberdeen certainly helped a lot and that's the thing, a couple of wins can really pull you out of trouble, and come the split (which is still miles away) all the games are six pointers.

I think, at best, i can see us winning 5 games in the remaining games. But that's proper optimism at full flow stuff. Realistically it'll be about 3.

Either way anyone who gets over 30pts will avoid 12th.

36 minutes ago, Lex said:

Dundee probably had the best night out the bottom four last night. Gained ground on County and Livi and avoided defeat in their last game of the season at the ground of their main rivals. 

image.png.0f2adf8c23b1e2424dea3aa962f72959.png

Of course it is unlikely that Dundee and St Johnstone won't make up the bottom two after 38 games, but stranger things have happened.

image.png.813875e9d2ed33c5c33ea5a9860cb6cd.png

The weekends fixtures. Tough games for County and Livi, so if Dundee could beat St Mirren for the second time this season they will get themselves within striking distance of the pack above. St Johnstone have already won at Pittodrie this season, they really need something up there to keep the dream of 10th (11th?) alive. 

Funny how we see things so differently, i absolutely would've taken us only losing 1-0 against Sevco at Ibrox,  and the ideal result for us was a draw with St Johnstone v Dundee, as we were always likely to lose against Sevco, so minimal damage has been done with them and St Johnstone only gaining 1 point, and our GD only taking a 1 goal hit.

I also fancy our chances against Hibs on Saturday, esp without Boyle in their team.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER