The Big Relegation Thread

Is this now a two way death match for the honour of playing Kilmarnock in the playoff?
Wins for Livi, County and St Mirren this evening have cut off The Dee and The Saintees at the foot of the table.
County now have a five point gap over 10th place Dundee and are seven points ahead of St Johnstone, and have a much better goal difference than both of them. Long way to go of course, but unless things start to change quickly it looks like that’s your bottom two for 2022.
Next up? Why, they play each other of course. What a six pointer that will be in Perth on the 26th. Losing manager gets sacked?

That has St Johnstone win written all over it.

We don't act like a unit. 11 individuals on the pitch. No idea when to press, when not to press which means some do and some don't creating easy as f**k passages of play for the opposition to waltz through us.

It's the absolute basics.

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

What a six pointer that will be in Perth on the 26th. Losing manager gets sacked?

We're currently in full on panic mode and allowing ours to chuck 6 figure fees around, so I can't see Davidson getting punted.

Perversely our best chance of avoiding relegation might be losing to Dundee. Means they'll keep McPake and theres a slither of a chance he, somehow, fucks up more than Davidson.

We're currently in full on panic mode and allowing ours to chuck 6 figure fees around, so I can't see Davidson getting punted.
Perversely our best chance of avoiding relegation might be losing to Dundee. Means they'll keep McPake and theres a slither of a chance he, somehow, fucks up more than Davidson.

We'll lose to you and McPake will still keep his job.

Says a lot about the quality of ourselves and St Johnstone that utter shite like St Mirren win their first game in 11 and manage to go 6 and 8 points ahead respectively.
You say that yet our last 3 games have been the boys v Septic, away at Ibrox then Utd at Tannadice and we have collected 4 points. I reckon we might well kick on a bit from here

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Says a lot about the quality of ourselves and St Johnstone that utter shite like St Mirren win their first game in 11 and manage to go 6 and 8 points ahead respectively.

We have saved our worst for the 2 games against you guys for some strange reason.

I'm still expecting StJohnstone to turn this around, happened every season going back to the Wright days.

Huge pressure on McPake and Davidson now, wonder if Jack Ross has been sounded out by either yet.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We were ok tonight. I personally think losing McGrath will balance out our squad a bit; I am way more confident after seeing us tonight. I appreciate we've been beyond dogshit in our games against you, though.

Edited by Coventry Saint

image.thumb.png.a0b897bd10c201d335e818f739d89443.png

Recent form probably tells a clearer story of how things are going. Dundee Utd could be on a full scale implosion nose dive. Surely they can't f**k it up that bad though?

We've had our annual mid-season turnaround. St Mirren seem to just motor on and keep the pace with 7th-10th. Ross County seem to have turned things around as well. We've got a bad run of games coming up though, Rangers and Hibs next I think so could allow for that gap to close up. We're probably 5 wins away from safety I would imagine.